Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:31

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: NDAA
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012 22:19 

I don't know where to start with this. For those who don't know what is happenening in what is now laughably called America, Home of the Free, there is a new act that just passed the National Defense Authorization Act, It provides funding to the pentagon. Yay. Also it adds a few provisions. The provisions, if actually put into use, are unconstitutional. Period. They deny basic rights guaranteed under the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th Amendments. Even the Roberts Court could not pass on these provisions. The provisions are useless, a political exercise designed to “prove” to the sheep that our President aspires to dictatorship.

For those who are unaware of what these amendments actually are, let me shed some light on the topic.

The fourth amendment, Right of search and seizure regulated: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The Fifth amendment, Provisons concerning prosecution: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

The sixth amendment, Right to a speedy trial, witnesses, etc: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

The eighth amendment, Excessive bail, cruel punishment: Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

That's right folks, all these wonderful laws now mean practically nothing. I am ASHAMED to live in AMERICA. Fuckin' Hell, it's turning into communist Russia complete with it's own secret police to detain citizens INDEFINITELY on AMERICAN SOIL. I don't really think I need to go on here. I'm pretty sure that most of, if not all of you can see the implications here.

This is enough ranting for one day. Another day I shall pursue PIPA and SOPA.

Post subject: Re: NDAA
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012 08:40 

good rant. you just might inspire Anubis to go on a rant about government.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012 05:04 

Hey thanks. It's always nice to receive recognition about a good rant.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012 09:17 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I have no prior knowledge of this, so feel free to go on rants about PIPA and SOPA! I love to learn. Also, I live in Canada so listing the amendments was very helpful in understand it :)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012 11:42 

PIPA and SOPA are abominations to the internets. Another day, as soon as I feel like another rant is coming on.