Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 01:11

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Computer illiteracy
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011 18:36 

Well, my Friday's off to a jaw-dropping start. Got a call from my cousin saying that his father's laptop has been acting up so they're wanting me to fix it. I really don't have a problem with this because I'm the only one out of my family who can do this sort of thing (nobody wants to mess with technology in my family I suppose.) Well, the reason why I'm ranting is because my uncle's a very un-appreciative man.

He doesn't care if his laptop is broken or if some program isn't working his way; all he has to do is ask my cousin to ask me to repair it. He shouldn't have to ask my cousin to repair his fucking laptop. If he wants it fixed, he should ask me himself. He's the type of person that doesn't care about how others feel as long as he gets what he wants and never thinks about saying "Thank you."

Sure it's my job to do these kinds of things but hell, I really would like for him to ask me himself AND to at least leave a little "thank you" message of some sort to know that my business is appreciated. That way, it doesn't make me feel like he's only using me for this sort of purpose. Maybe I'm being a little selfish but come on, a "thank you" would really make me feel better. I don't expect any monetary pay or gifts or whatever because he's family. Even though he is family, a 'thank you' can make a person feel really good no matter what.

Another thing that gets to me is the fact that nobody takes the time to do a little research. I do a lot of research into knowing how to maintain my PC and sometimes, it's through trial and error. I understand nobody wants to go through the headache of trying to repair a computer but sometimes, a little research can help you prevent future problems.

Post subject: Re: Computer illiteracy
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011 01:42 

Google can really be your friend lol