Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:43

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: CEVO
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011 08:28 

I distinctly remember seeing him listed on that page at one time. it might have been a WHILE ago but I did see him listed either by mistake or whatever. I also have no idea the time reference to when I supposedly saw him. maybe I was dreaming.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011 11:53 

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but I really have no idea anymore lol

PostPosted: 07 May 2012 16:54 

Oh look! Professional Gamers agree with me! And yet CEVO continues to let themselves fall into the worst part of the gaming world.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2012 21:06 

Seems like Spangler is up to his old tricks. Kooza, a friend of the clan, is playing in CEVO's GO league this season. Oh, but his entire team lost power because of Sandy, and Spangler gave them two forfeit losses because apparently he has absolutely no compassion for people harmed by the largest hurricane to hit the US - not even enough to let them reschedule a fucking game.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2012 11:24 

oh and they were set to schedule their most recent match and still had time left for scheduling, but Spangler got tired of waiting and instead of giving them the entire allotted time, he forced a time on the match that suited the other team. I would bet money he is friends with someone on THAT team. CEVO is such a fucking joke and will never be taken seriously.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012 22:06 

I talked to a person who plays with us sometimes in 1.6. He asked me to be in his CEVO team because he's trying to advertise CEVO's season. Apparently, the majority of people he asks to be in CEVO who say "no" cite Spangler as the sole reason for not participating.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014 19:46 

And it continues into this season!

Apparently in week 4, our clan's team was disputed in a match. Now, every match, players are expected to record a first person demo, because CEVO recognizes that no client can be 100% perfect. Players must keep a first person demo for review purposes should there be a dispute. Players are only required to keep these demos for 10 days to clear up disputes.

Spangler didn't even get around to looking at the dispute until a full month later. Good thing our team members kept their demos just in case, right? Wrong! The team captain went to Spangler and said "Yeah... it's been a whole month. What do I do if one of my team members doesn't have his demo anymore because it's been more than 10 days?" Spangler's response: "Oh don't worry about it. Our client is perfect. It catches everything, and it didn't catch you."

Yeah, good one Spangler. Not only is that claim absolutely laughable to anybody in the gaming community who knows anything about cheat detection, but CEVO's own rules admit that you're wrong - if your client is perfect, how about not asking people to record demos for disputes?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014 02:02 

This is the best thing that has happened yet in my opinion. This alone shows where his thinking is. He believes most people are complete morons and will believe anything I say because I have power in this league, and is even dumber to think that no one is gonna catch on to what happened. We as a team didn't even get an email about the dispute, that happened only hours after the other team reported the win, until OVER A MONTH from the time the dispute was submitted. They very clearly overlooked a dispute and then brushed it under the rug with a "well, we didn't catch you on client so you must not have been cheating" bunch of bullshit. Clearly they don't have enough staff to run what they are trying to do, or they don't care at all about being legitimate. This goes right up there with "well, I have a kid and a wife and a job and I still find time to do all my matches when the other team schedules them" nonsense he tried pulling before. He has yet to uphold the very rules he has set in place as far I have seen, and that is in each and every season I have done.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014 03:25 

Wait, did I miss something or what prompted you to just make this post Amaroq and update a 2 year old thread? Isn't this old news? Or did something new happen?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014 06:36 

Quote:
Wait, did I miss something or what prompted you to just make this post Amaroq and update a 2 year old thread? Isn't this old news? Or did something new happen?
serial didn't want me posting it during the season because of Spangler's vindictive and unfair nature, so I posted it the first time I remembered about it after the season ended.

Also, I will update a 20 year old thread if I get new information.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014 01:29 

Oh ok. I wasn't saying anything was wrong with updating old threads. I just didn't know if something new had happened that prompted you to post this right now. Thanks for clarifying.