Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024 02:31

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011 06:00 

Foreword: As of now, this thread will NOT include tutorials for ANY of these programs. Just important information.

Half-Life Model Viewer
Mainly used to, well, View Models (ZOMG REALLY??!?!!), however, this program is also useful for importing and/or exporting textures.

Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer 1.3
An updated version of the Half-Life Model Viewer. A few of the added features include: Wireframe Overlay, View Eye Position, Polygon Counter, Sequence control to Weapon Origin View (which means nothing to you probably), a not-so-random installer/uninstaller, and a SEXY NEW ICON BABY!

Sprite Mage
From what I gather, this program is used to lock the Z,X,and Y Axis of a sprite. There's one complication, however, and Its that this program is written in German,so, good luck.

Zoner's Half Life Tools
An exetremely well written program used to compile you map inside of Worldcraft/Hammer. This program constantly updates so make sure to check the site every few months.

Sprite Explorer
A tool used to create and view sprites. Also popular because it can open/view .pak files.

Sprite Fixer
This tool allows you to modify sprites and their behaviors. Meaning, you can lock Its Z Axis, so it only rotates horizontally, or lock it so that it doesnt move at all.

Sprite Wizard
A user-friendly easy-to-use program used to make sprites.

Sprite Viewer
The use of this program is too advanced to type here. One hint: the name is not in any way a dead give away of the purpose of this program. Unstead, you must do hours of endless reasearch finding the true purpose of the program commonly known as Sprite Viewer.

Revolver
An application that allows you to draw a 2D profile, and then revolve it around on an Axis (to view it) before exporting the final shape to Valve Hammer in a .map format. Used mainly to create donuts, spirals, and spheres.

RESGEN
This program will allow you to create a list of all the resources that your map uses. RESource, .res file. Get it? I dont. Good luck.

WinBspc
A program used to convert a .bsp to a .map file. This is stealing blah blah blah. But decompiling is usually a bad idea as solids are ALWAYS missing, and the textures get %@!$# during the decompile, and theres a small chance the map cant decompile at all, so...

Map Viewer
Dick Explanation: Oh, another ones of THESE programs. Look, I know English is one of the most complicated languages there is, but Map Viewer is pretty to-the-point in my opinion, but Ill go ahead and spoon feed this one to you.You use this program to view your map. Yay much?
Good Definition: A program designed for fast previewing of .map files. Very helpful for seeing how things render, and how the lighting looks, ect... This program comes equipted with several rendering properties for your enjoyment. Overall I would give this program a solid 8.5/10

Auto-Seamer
A tool that converts your ordinary, boring, textures and provides you with three cute algorithms to seal it. I never really got to a point of understanding to where I could actually use this program. O.o

Darkulator
This program is all about adjusting the ever so tempermental lighting in your map.

Nem's GFCScape
Used to extract files buried inside of STEAM .gcf files.

BSPtwoMap
Another map decompiler...
Look, you know the speech, this is wrong blah blah, Im sure your parents went over this the first time you stole a candy bar from the local mini mart.

Wally
The most popular-and plain useful-program for doing ANYTHING that relates to .wad files.