Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 07:07

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Counter strike buy binds
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012 12:06 

I want to preface this post with a little warning: I think it is significantly better to learn the buy menu than it is to use buy binds or the preset packages in the buy menu. It allows you customizability based on exactly how much money you have and exactly the strategy you want to run based on what your enemy has been doing. Buy binds force you into a certain package that is less easily customized. Personally, I used to use buy binds and thought it would be super hard to learn how to use the buy menu in any reasonable amount of time, but it was actually quite easy. Just use the keypad, and your fingers get used to pressing a certain pattern to buy a certain weapon. It is well worth the learning curve. (If you have CZ, I recommend learning it on the single player missions, since the time actually stops when you open your buy menu.)

With that said, however, I know some people in the clan like having buy binds. Here is how to make them.

The basic structure is this, which you would input into console or add to your config.cfg file for the game:
Code:
bind "key" "weapon1;weapon2;weapon3"
Most keys are just what you think they would be.
These are your keypad keys:
Code:
kp_end
kp_downarrow
kp_pgdn
kp_leftarrow
kp_5
kp_rightarrow
kp_home
kp_uparrow
kp_pgup
Here are the names of all the possible weapons and equipment you can buy:
Code:
glock
usp
p228
deagle
fn57
elites

m3
xm1014

tmp
mac10
mp5
ump45
p90

galil
famas
ak47
m4a1
sg552
aug

scout
sg550
awp
g3sg1

m249

primammo
secammo

vest
vesthelm
flash
hegren
sgren
defuser
nvg
shield
So, for example, I might make this bind for a deagle save round:
Code:
bind "[" "deagle;secammo;flash"
Don't forget to buy ammo!

And of course, if you don't feel like making it yourself, you can use this site to generate the binds for you.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012 02:13 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I would recommend NOT using "primammo" and "secammo" commands for those who play competitively and scrim a lot.

1) When using those commands it buys you FULL ammo. Not good if you are trying to be money cautious, which COULD be the deciding factor in a scrim.

2) You can simply use the "," and "." buttons to buy ammo individually.

For those of you who enjoy playing in pubs with constant $16k then using primammo and secammo would be ideal for you.

Just my $.02!!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012 07:26 

Agreed. I had origially unbound my ammo buttons to use them for other commands, but ended up rebinding them when I got into competition. Being able to buy frugal amounts of ammo is a plus.