Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 04:32

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016 12:28 

nickstar.ftw.openredstone.org

It executes the uptime status with a PHP file hosted on the server itself. Because of network issues and weirdness, the server can't host the working page so I have another web-server (same server that is hosting the stats page) to fetch the raw uptime output and cut the string accordingly.

This is the index.php hosted on nickstar.ftw.openredstone.org and it fetches this at logs.openredstone.org.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 12:18 

... I got bored and added forced SSL to it.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 12:31 

Lol. When I get bored I just eat more chips. :(

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 17:00 

Quote:
Lol. When I get bored I just eat more chips. :(
I need chips.

Like right now.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 18:33 

I want to ask you about a project and I don't know if I should post here or just ask you later, I'll let you tell me. I don't want to derail your thread.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 20:14 

You can ask me, I don't mind.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 21:12 

I want to take the steam ids we post in the calladmin threads and the ones in our ban list and put them in a database. I want some way to flag and admin or make a message appear that this person has been a problem before. thats the basics but it could have a lot more function. Even if we could leave the game out and just have the something pick up steam ids we put in that thread and store them somehow for us. Does any of this sound feasible.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 21:52 

It sounds feasible. I would have to see the source-code for the plugin though. If it isn't open-source I would have to setup a new Steam account just for that to record messages and save them.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 22:17 

Quote:
It sounds feasible. I would have to see the source-code for the plugin though. If it isn't open-source I would have to setup a new Steam account just for that to record messages and save them.
All alliedmods plugins are open source. It's one of the requirements to be posted there. This is the one we use. Let me know if you need the login information for the admin account.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 22:35 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Well, Amaroq got steam id's in this thread. Not sure if that helps the think tank.

Also, could a bot be made that sits Spectate and just gathers the Steam ID's every 1 minute and sends it somewhere. If there is a match which is checked every 1 minute, then maybe "www.absurdminds.net/adminsonly" changes from some green markers (indicating that the server has no warned people) to yellow (indicating caution, somebody in the server has been warned). And you could click it to show the steam id.

It's really easy for me to come up with these ideas since I haven't even the most basic skills in coding
I used to edit my profile and shop in Neopets with HTML so I'm pretty much a full-time coder.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 22:41 

Quote:
All alliedmods plugins are open source. It's one of the requirements to be posted there. This is the one we use. Let me know if you need the login information for the admin account.
https://github.com/Impact123/CallAdmin/ ... opment/web

They seem to have a web-based RSS feed written in PHP that can be hosted from the game server. This would be easier to try and setup something to just get and compare databases from, but not the most efficient. I would honestly try contacting the devs about the possibility of adding a "this is the Xth time this user has been reported" as they still seem semi-active on GitHub.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 22:56 

well they had plugins exactly for what I want in 1.6 but they were really heavy plugins. I Wanted something lighter if possible. I didn't know if you thought you could learn any of the programming for cs.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 23:25 

It is C, which Java is based on C, so they are very similar and not too hard to learn the differences of. Either way, getting full dev support from the guy who made it is highly recommended from my part as he knows how his system is setup and the simplest way to implement the system.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 23:42 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Well, Amaroq got steam id's in this thread. Not sure if that helps the think tank.

Also, could a bot be made that sits Spectate and just gathers the Steam ID's every 1 minute and sends it somewhere. If there is a match which is checked every 1 minute, then maybe "www.absurdminds.net/adminsonly" changes from some green markers (indicating that the server has no warned people) to yellow (indicating caution, somebody in the server has been warned). And you could click it to show the steam id.

It's really easy for me to come up with these ideas since I haven't even the most basic skills in coding
I used to edit my profile and shop in Neopets with HTML so I'm pretty much a full-time coder.
Yeah! I thought the same thing! Great minds DO think alike!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.