Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:49

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: How is CS:GO different?
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012 07:39 

I am reading an interesting article about the difference between CS:GO and both 1.6 and Source.
LINK It's an interesting read, but slightly disturbing. For example, in CS:GO, it's impossible to control your recoil enough to effectively spray. You can spray point blank on somebody and not hit them once. 2 burst shots are apparently the only viable method of shooting.

On the other hand...
Quote:
Forget about it. A grenade thrown right underneath you will kill you outright if you don’t have a flak jacket to bear the brunt.

For me, this change should also be a welcome one, although I do expect the instant death from a grenade situation to be nerfed in future updates. Already competitive players are moaning about it because one well placed grenade can effectively shut dcown an eco round (I’ve seen many three and four man grenades already), which definitely takes some of the surprise out of the MR15 format.
That was one of the best things, IMO, about CZ competition over 1.6. It added a new dynamic other than just the straight rush when you knew you could have your entire obliterated with one or two nades if they nade rushed. I hope they do keep that in here.

I also really like this added money strat:
Quote:
There’s plenty of new additions to this but for the most part it directly emulates the monetary system that you find in 1.6. However, you can expect to be penalised a whopping $3,300 if you’re unlucky enough to get a teamkill at any point during a round. It has also added a $300 reward for someone who plants or defuses the bomb, on top of any award the team gets as a result of that. This is likely to figure in strategies and about who gets defuses and so forth.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012 15:29 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
That review has excited me. I've read a lot of reviews saying its just shit basically. But that one was fairly objective!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012 22:00 

I really like that article, a little bummed by the fact that they are removing the M4's silencer...but I think the other improvements will outweigh it.