Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 May 2024 04:58

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012 12:03 

I want this so bad to try out.

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=PL86051-24

they are 7.1 and cheap for being that as well. I want to see how they rank among other headsets.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012 13:59 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
The thing that makes me want to try it out the most is that the ear cushion is made out of cloth and not leather

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012 14:46 

Yes I would love to try it out as well.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012 16:20 

Hey! These look like mine... . I love the ear cushion, and to top it off, I can't hear outside noise.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012 17:17 

While I didn't get the CS:GO branding on mine, I did get the Gamecom 780 headset (Best Buy was doing a sale on them) and I do notice a good increase in volume as well as sound quality compared to my Cacharias headset by Razer. The headset is pretty damn light and the earcups swivel 90 degrees horizontally and the cloth earcups are pretty freaking comfortable. The only complaint I have as of now with them is that they are designed mostly for people with small to medium-sized heads (my head fits but could use some more extension.) Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase of the headset and hopefully they last me as long as my Cacharias have.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012 18:37 

oh nice, I am interested to find out how well the audio works in counter strike. I wonder if the positioning is better.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012 19:40 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I dont get it. Northern and Mutiny say they're shitty. Azn says they're good. I dunno what to believe anymore.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012 20:08 

Well, Mutiny thinks Beats by Dre are the shit, so we all know not to trust his audio reviews.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 17:51 

I don't think northern has ever owned a headset like this. he has a corsair headset. maybe azn can give us some incite since he for sure has them. did mutiny own a pair of these at one time or something?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 19:30 

I can definitely tell a difference in the sound quality between my Razer headset and this headset. The Dolby 7.1 surround adds a boost in sound but I can't tell you if it'll help a lot in CS:GO because I haven't played GO in the past few days. One complaint I have about the Gamecom 780 is that the left earcup is a bit too small for my left ear (my left ear is a bit deformed due to my disease) but my right ear fits perfectly so my left ear hurts after an extended amount of time. So far, that's my only complaint with these and I'm pretty impressed with them for the price.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 12:20 

make sure when you get into go you change your sound settings to actual surround sound. it'll change your life.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2013 21:24 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1014902/ocns ... o-products

tl;dr:

Most headsets are shit price/value wise
Get headphones (AD700 if you've got ~$110, Samson/Superlux cans for cheaper)
Buy a clip-on mic

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013 07:49 

That thread is really outdated. For example, it recommends getting an audio card. Nowadays, onboard audio is perfectly good unless you're trying to do multitrack mixing on your computer or something like that. Also, I paid less than $110 for my headset and it sounds amazing. You can tell by the way he writes that he is just a hipster ("Logitech, Razer, Creative? More than likely trash.") I just don't trust that thread.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013 12:10 

not to mention his recommendations on audio cards was laughable. creative hasn't made a good sound card in years. Asus makes the best audio cards. You buy them or you waste your money. Which is mostly wasted anyway if you are getting the audio card JUST for gaming and are not spending several hundred on your headset.

Get a good headset (yes even usb) that has surround sound and you will be fine. I pick up sounds with my $150 headset and anubis's $90 headset (I think it was) that people with more expensive headsets don't hear. People are surprised all the time when I tell them I am using a logitech and I heard that sound. I would also say do not buy a clip on mic if you want people to understand you clearly on a consistent basis. buy a good mid-high range headset and take care of it.