Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:56

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2013 20:38 

Quote:
Yeah that would be me. Serial invited me yesterday and I actually joined for once and ended up having a blast. He told me about you guys maybe 4-5 months ago when I started playing go and was asking for some help. I'll just say I had a lot of fun yesterday and will defiantly join the AM servers more often!

Now that I built(still need to install BIOS/OS etc) my new rig today Ill certainly think about applying, you all seem like some great people to play with. Now I can finally get into game before pistol round is over.

Once again I had a lot of fun :)
Awesome! I'm glad to see you in the forums and happy to hear you had a good time. :D

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2013 23:12 

Quote:
oh hey man, glad to see you on the forums. Also glad to hear you had a good time. We have a public mumble if you ever wanna join. Anyway, see ya around.
Thanks for the welcome. Ill probably use mumble quite a bit because I usually use it or ts when playing with other friends. I have to resort to using my laptop as a mic, which is decent quality, and it is really the only way I can communicate with others. Really should get a dedicated mic though.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that would be me. Serial invited me yesterday and I actually joined for once and ended up having a blast. He told me about you guys maybe 4-5 months ago when I started playing go and was asking for some help. I'll just say I had a lot of fun yesterday and will defiantly join the AM servers more often!

Now that I built(still need to install BIOS/OS etc) my new rig today Ill certainly think about applying, you all seem like some great people to play with. Now I can finally get into game before pistol round is over.

Once again I had a lot of fun :)
Awesome! I'm glad to see you in the forums and happy to hear you had a good time. :D
Thanks. Hope to play with yall some more again soon!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013 11:11 

yeah, we know a lot about mice and headsets so if you have any questions, just ask we even have a few threads wrote about which ones are better...wait that might only be mice, but we know a lot about headsets too.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 03:21 

Sorry, but what am I missing here? I am supposed to put something in my autoexec.cfg file?

I watched the video but when i try to switch to aim_warmup_d map like he does in the video, it says "map not found" or something like that.

Thanks

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 07:37 

Instead of putting the configs in your autoexec, its own seperate config file that will just sit in your cfg folder until you need it. So when you change to the map you want to practice on you would enter exec dm.cfg (or whatever you named the config) into your console to load all the appropriate configs.

To get the map, go here and click "Subscribe"

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 14:02 

Ok thanks, but I don't know what configs I'm adding, where do I get those? I didn't see them in the video, I just saw him load the game, change the map, put in the "exec dm" command in console and then start playing.

If you don't mind linking or listing the exact config commands I need that would be great.

Once I have those, then I just put the configs in a new .cfg doc that I name "dm.cfg"? And this .cfg file is then placed in the same folder as my userconfig.cfg and autoexec.cfg files?

Also, I hit the Subscribe button you linked but nothing happened. It just says that I'm subscribed now. Is that all I need?

Sorry for the hassle, I appreciate the help.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 14:26 

If you click the youtube button at the bottom of that video it will take you to the actual youtube video. Then if you expand his info below the video it will have the link to the config.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 16:33 

What serial said. I can walk you through it next time you're in mumble, too, which is way easier than trying to write it out lol

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 21:27 

Thanks guys, I got it set up with the help of your comments above.

How do you practice with other guns other than the awp and ak? Like the m4a1 for example?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 07:38 

Put mp_death_drop_weapon 1 in console, then use a give weapon command (you can see them at the bottom of this post, eg give weapon_ak47), this will drop the weapon on the ground for you to pick up. Once you've picked up the weapon, do mp_death_drop_weapon 0 again.

NOTE: It might be mp_death_drop_gun, but I can't remember.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014 00:42 

Ok thanks! I'll give that a try.