Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:20

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014 23:10 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discu ... 373277824/

Thoughts??

I personally think this....

Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%.

.... is super lame! I think accurately firing while moving is where a lot of the skill in the game is found. Killing this is going to just encourage more camping and squat firing. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014 23:48 

I think with having to play on 64 tick servers it will stop some of the running and spraying you see. Then again I haven't played on the update yet. I will be interested to see how it works out. Some people are already saying the aug and ssg buffs make those guns the best weapons in the game now. I also want to see what the deagle changes are like.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2014 23:59 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
All grenades now have a secondary fire that throws an underhand grenade a short distance in front of the player.
Secondary fire can be combined with primary fire to precisely adjust the strength of the throw.
Wow that's pretty neat. I'll have to check that out.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 07:33 

I think the movement inaccuracy is going to be a good thing. There's too much run and spray in this game, too many people shooting before they come to a stop. It makes the shooting in this game somewhat easier than 1.6. I'm really interested to see how the secondary fire plays out with grenades. I was so angry I had to go to bed right as the update was released.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 08:06 

I played a few minutes of casual before going to work... I really want to call in sick! But I can't, so I'll race home today and just play all evening.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 10:20 

Quote:
I think the movement inaccuracy is going to be a good thing. There's too much run and spray in this game, too many people shooting before they come to a stop. It makes the shooting in this game somewhat easier than 1.6. I'm really interested to see how the secondary fire plays out with grenades. I was so angry I had to go to bed right as the update was released.
Fair enough, then I will withhold judgement until I actually get to play the update and see how I like it. I guess it will balance the P90 somewhat which is arguably over-powered. There is one specific dynamic of moving while shooting that I really hope it does not affect. You are allowed one perfectly accurate shot the moment you change direction while strafing. I'll be really bummed if this is changed as it takes skill and practice to master.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 10:51 

It doesn't appear to have changed that shot jabberwock. I played for an hour or so last night and I freaking love it. The secondary fire on the nade is perfect if you want to drop on at your feet, or quick flash the corner next to you. And if you hold both buttons down it will throw a nade about medium distance. Oh and the changes on the maps...AMAZING. Dust 2 and mirage are brighter. Its easier to see in the tunnels and most areas. I like it.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 11:39 

AWPing is gonna suck :(

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 12:11 

Love the new grenade throw. Hate the moving inaccuracy. Running and shooting shouldn't be that inaccurate; definitely less realistic.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 13:26 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Love the new grenade throw. Hate the moving inaccuracy. Running and shooting shouldn't be that inaccurate; definitely less realistic.
I haven't found a use for the grenade throw yet. The fuse is the same so it's just like throwing it at the ground. I think it will have some good uses for fire though.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 19:09 

Quote:
AWPing is gonna suck :(
Why?
Quote:
It doesn't appear to have changed that shot jabberwock.
Good to hear!!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014 20:18 

I have found several uses for the nade already. If you are running and someone is chasing you drop it at your feet as you go through a doorway or something. You can drop them out of windows like on mirage at middle, if someone was coming from lower. Or if you are in the apartment coming to B site on mirage you can drop them out the window instead of having to bank them from far away. You can also look in the air and drop one over your shoulder if you are not moving. This allows you to just disappear. I will try to find some more. I love the update completely. I think aug might be a bit OP but we will see.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014 16:02 

I love this new update. I actually feel like I can be good at the game, instead of just lucky.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014 16:18 

I can no longer use the AK :( I swear I am not moving, enemy is not moving, and I am single clicking on their head, and nothing. Not a hit. Wut.