Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 22 May 2024 03:36

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 14:52 

If you regularly use quick switch, I encourage you to change your bind to "invnextnongrenade" instead. I watched somebody get killed yesterday because they had the bomb in their quick switch and pulled out the bomb instead of a pistol. This bind will always switch between primary and secondary instead of the last thing you had.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 15:04 

I have the bind under my logitech settings. Never use Q.

I have bound it to do 3 then 1 really quickly and switches faster than Q. Press the button on my mouse and it switches automatically.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 15:18 

Why are you pulling out your knife? And what happens if you don't have a primary weapon? Do you get stuck with your knife out?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 15:40 

Quote:
Why are you pulling out your knife? And what happens if you don't have a primary weapon? Do you get stuck with your knife out?
Yep, I only use that bind when AWPing so I don't feel affected in any way when using rifles.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 17:01 

Oh, so you're not even relevant to this thread lol

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015 19:17 

i use quickswitch to go back to nades and bomb to quick plant or throw a nade i got ready for a rush or something. so i go from knife to nade right before i throw it with q

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 03:09 

I do what milkman does. I will prep my flash or smoke in spawn and switch to knife so I can quick switch back and knife running out of spawn.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:22 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quick switching is a bad habit everybody! Please break the cycle!! I've lost rounds because people can't pull out the bomb because they think it's on quick switch or they quick switch to pistol but pull something else out. Just press the number. 1-5. Higher number pull out specific grenades instead of cycling.

If you have died because you failed at quick switching, you should stop!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:23 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I do what milkman does. I will prep my flash or smoke in spawn and switch to knife so I can quick switch back and knife running out of spawn.
Don't you run as fast with nades as you do with knife? I know know knife is 250 units per second and pistol is 240 or 245.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:48 

Quote:
Don't you run as fast with nades as you do with knife? I know know knife is 250 units per second and pistol is 240 or 245.
The fastest one can run with a knife is 250 units per seconds, but I do not recall any other weapon / grenade being 245. I thought grenades did 240 and most pistols did 240.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:48 

Quote:
Quick switching is a bad habit everybody! Please break the cycle!! I've lost rounds because people can't pull out the bomb because they think it's on quick switch or they quick switch to pistol but pull something else out. Just press the number. 1-5. Higher number pull out specific grenades instead of cycling.

If you have died because you failed at quick switching, you should stop!
It's not if you do it right. I have q bound to toggle rifle and pistol, and a separate key for each made. Pretty much the entire point of this thread is how to set your bind so it's not a bad habit, so it doesn't get you killed. :/

And no, nades are slower than knife in csgo.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:54 

Sorry for not quoting. Quotes are hard on mobile.

They was I see it, why would you rebind stuff and make new scripts to pull out your pistol, when you can press the number 2 instead of the letter questions, which are right above and below each other. The more you add to the process, the more that can go wrong!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 11:58 

Quote:
The more you add to the process, the more that can go wrong!
Engineer's moto.

I have my "scripts" under my mouse so I have never delved into making the scripts in game.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 12:41 

I don't like binds that do new things, it bothers me. I just prefer the original buttons. I just always make sure when round starts what my quick switch is.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015 13:10 

Quote:
Sorry for not quoting. Quotes are hard on mobile.

They was I see it, why would you rebind stuff and make new scripts to pull out your pistol, when you can press the number 2 instead of the letter questions, which are right above and below each other. The more you add to the process, the more that can go wrong!
Because they're harder to reach. Also, it's not adding more. It's slightly less (you only have to press q, not 1 or 2) - it's just moving the buttons around to be more accessible.