Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024 01:40

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 12:53 

how about you directly telling me to my face that my opinion was ignorant. it was well out of bounds and just following a trend of you creating a hostile environment and generally being an asshole to anyone that doesn't have your opinion. it made 2 or 3 straight days where you made ME not even want to be around.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 13:15 

Quote:
Excuse me for this question but why was it notable to bring up players that were either neutral or didn't even comment?
It was just a counter example to your repeated assertions that the pros all hate the change.
Quote:
In my metaphor I'm using basketball as an example. They don't change the rules to benefit high school basketball players. They only change the rules for the highest level of play and everyone else (NCAA, High School, Middle School, Elementary School, Kids on the street) tries to emulate that.

Lower level sports have vastly different rules than professional. Keeping with basketball, even between college and pro there are different rules. For example, professionals are at the top of their game and are supposed to be really good, but they're actually allowed to commit more fowls than lower level athletes. This is an example of a professional sport being watered down for the benefit of the sport.
Quote:
How does an awp nerf that waters down the game compare to some arbitrary complaining that didn't even happen? I'm confused.
Well, here's an issue. We haven't decided that it actually waters down gameplay.

This is really hard to do on my phone so I'll reply to the rest when I get home.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 13:50 

Quote:
how about you directly telling me to my face that my opinion was ignorant. it was well out of bounds and just following a trend of you creating a hostile environment and generally being an asshole to anyone that doesn't have your opinion. it made 2 or 3 straight days where you made ME not even want to be around.
I was furious when I heard about this. We're not on reddit, we're friends. We should have enough respect for everyone here to not resort to name calling, rage and hostility directed at anyone's opinion. ESPECIALLY over a topic so trivial.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 14:03 

Quote:
We're not on reddit, we're friends. We should have enough respect for everyone here to not resort to name calling, rage and hostility directed at anyone's opinion. ESPECIALLY over a topic so trivial.
Well said. We're more than a bunch of anonymous Internet strangers.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 14:17 

For clarification purpose I did not say "serial your opinion is ignorant" rather I said that the opinion that pro's input doesn't matter is ignorant. Yes, that was his position and yes it was vitriolic in tone and purpose. Was it a bad choice of words? Absolutely. I am more brazen in my word choice than most other people are. Even when I make a conscience effort to stop using negative words I still use negative words. It's a big fuckup on my part. I can say sorry a million times but it doesn't change my tone or presence. I do apologize. I didn't even think I said anything bad until now.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 14:28 

You literally aren't changing anything you said. Just because you worded it slightly different this time doesn't change what you said. And the words you used were "I don't mean to be mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but its ignorant". You still called me ignorant for my opinion no matter how you want to look at it or try to phrase it differently.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 20:42 

Played a lil 1.6 and practiced with the awp on deathmatch So smooth and silky. Why was the awp not a problem in 1.6?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015 20:53 

Because it wasn't nearly as accurate while unscoped, more accurate when scoped and still, less accurate when scoped and moving, and more accurate when quick scoped. Plus the movement was completely different, the other weapons were comparatively differently balanced, and the reg was significantly better.

In other words, because it was a different game.