Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:25

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 17:06 

Also having an MP7 ($1700) and Kevlar+Helm ($1000) costs way too little to be viable with rifles. If the MP7 wants to be a rifle. please increase the price. After all, supposedly this makes a more interesting metagame, and since smgs are no longer antieco weapons we may as well increase their prices.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 17:08 

This reminds me of an interesting point we debated a couple years ago about GO. Anubis and Serial were telling me that it's dumb to have save rounds after pistol with all the other tools at our disposal and I wouldn't have any of it because I was used to 1.6. Well, look at where the meta game is now. The first five rounds are a free for all buy fest. I don't think it's ever a good idea to be stuck in our ways based on what was done in the past, and I was clearly wrong about that. I think the game is as healthy as it ever has been, too.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 17:13 

Quote:
This reminds me of an interesting point we debated a couple years ago about GO. Anubis and Serial were telling me that it's dumb to have save rounds after pistol with all the other tools at our disposal and I wouldn't have any of it because I was used to 1.6.
That's fascinating and I wonder what the conversation was like. I believe saving after losing pistol should be the standard. You sucked on the pistol round so now you have an economic punishment. It would be really interesting to hear the opposite viewpoint on that.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 17:15 

Quote:
This reminds me of an interesting point we debated a couple years ago about GO. Anubis and Serial were telling me that it's dumb to have save rounds after pistol with all the other tools at our disposal and I wouldn't have any of it because I was used to 1.6.
That's fascinating and I wonder what the conversation was like. I believe saving after losing pistol should be the standard. You sucked on the pistol round so now you have an economic punishment. It would be really interesting to hear the opposite viewpoint on that.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 17:24 

Quote:
Quote:
You have a huge misconception about what is and what isn't. You seem to think that if some pro teams do it, then that is the only viable solution EVER. You very often make statements like this. They are ridiculous.
---------
Team Pentagram(ESC), Na'Vi did Deagle+Armor
mTw, SK(2005 NiP), Fnatic did full save
---------
Jero please correct me if I'm wrong
Mind you I'm talking about 1.6 (2003-2012) not earlier or later
I don't think it was just "some teams" and as a result I have to respectfully disagree.
Of course CS is about multiple tactics. I'm not saying that this was the only solution but it is what the standard became for the teams I listed above. :mrgreen:
You're not replying to his point at all. :/
Quote:
But, we don't need to have a discussion about it! Let's just look at what the pros do. The pros do a free-for-all buy fest first five rounds, so that's the new meta! No reason to do anything else, and certainly no reason to discuss anything else. :P

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 18:33 

Quote:
But, we don't need to have a discussion about it! Let's just look at what the pros do. The pros do a free-for-all buy fest first five rounds, so that's the new meta! No reason to do anything else, and certainly no reason to discuss anything else. :P
If I am to play along with this, pro players do save if they get bomb down. I wouldnt call it a total ffa buy fest.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 18:58 

Quote:
If I am to play along with this, pro players do save if they get bomb down. I wouldnt call it a total ffa buy fest.
Sometimes I think you just say random words and hope they make a sentence. :P

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 19:18 

<3

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015 20:37 

I meant to say if they get bomb down and lose.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015 11:26 

(Disclaimer: This is my opinion and doesn't invalidate the opinions of others)

Yesterday Jeroh made a fucking fantabulous point. If a gun costs twice as much in game it should be twice as good. If it's not, It breaks the game's balance. This is why SMGs should not be as viable as a rifle. They cost less and have a higher kill reward. This is also why the scout should NOT be on par with the AWP. Because the awp costs fucking 4750 and the scout costs 1700. The scout should be used for only cash strapped players. The economy of CSGO isn't something you can just ignore if we want a more "diverse" gun pool.

If I am to go more extreme then with a diverse gun pool and metagame then pistols should be on par with AWPs. GLOCK TRAIN 2015 :mrgreen:

By The Way, whose brilliant idea was to make the scout 1700? For a gun that can not only 1 shot but Do 90 or so damage to the chest it should be at least 2500. You can also jump scout like a bitch. Please revert. :D

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015 11:34 

I don't think you can compare a gun being twice as good as another as indication of a gun needing to cost twice as much. I think the money, and the weapons are two separate but related things. I think they have to be balanced differently but to compliment each other. Not with intrinsic value from comparing one guns usage to another. SMGs are not as viable as a rifle. They are better than they were, and rifles still dominate.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015 11:49 

I do think the scout should cost more.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015 19:56 

what peeves me about this update, even more than the AWP change, is that its like valve isnt getting what the real problems are and what the community wants. the rekt9 change is completely off mark even though it is said again and again that the real issue is its moving accuracy. The price change to the A1 seems like a cheap bandaid to try to make people use a different gun. and again with this AWP change and buff in SMGS makes it look like valve just doesnt want to change the big issue being the whole movement style in this game. also they completely ignored what everyone actually wanted which was fixed hit-boxes and an actually nerfed tec9

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015 20:12 

I think that CSGO devs will give CSGO proper attention and proper fixes once valve funds it more.

I'm thinking all of these problems stem from the fact that the game is growing so fast and valve is experiencing growing pains since their is not enough developers to keep up such a massive pool of players and to give them what they want. A proper attention to the budget / developers of CSGO would not only make updates more common but also bug fixes, weapon changes, and community wants.

To those that don't want to play CSGO because of this update: grow up please. Their are always going to be stupid updates. Why drop a game you love when there is a messy change that will most likely be fixed within the next week?

Give it proper time to assess what these changes have done. Play MM, go pubbing, and play community competitive for a bit and feel the differences yourself and how they affect gameplay. Even if the changes are too powerful one is better off trying to improve their game against those players taking advantage of the changes. Something going to be more difficult for a bit and just quit? Nah. Learn to counter it.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 10:45 

Quote:
what peeves me about this update, even more than the AWP change, is that its like valve isnt getting what the real problems are and what the community wants. the rekt9 change is completely off mark even though it is said again and again that the real issue is its moving accuracy. The price change to the A1 seems like a cheap bandaid to try to make people use a different gun. and again with this AWP change and buff in SMGS makes it look like valve just doesnt want to change the big issue being the whole movement style in this game. also they completely ignored what everyone actually wanted which was fixed hit-boxes and an actually nerfed tec9
I agree with everything you said except movement. People are always gonna bitch about the movement. I think it should stay the way it is because everyone is so used to it. Clearly, Valve doesn't give a shit on how people are used to things given the AWP nerf.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 10:47 

Quote:
To those that don't want to play CSGO because of this update: grow up please. Their are always going to be stupid updates. Why drop a game you love when there is a messy change that will most likely be fixed within the next week?
If the update isn't fixed in a week or 2 will you eat those words?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 11:01 

Quote:
If the update isn't fixed in a week or 2 will you eat those words?
Quote:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 11:58 

Me after the new update.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 12:09 

Quote:
LOL

The fucking registry of this new update is REALLY pissing me off. Shots from 1 inch away are some how missing.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 13:01 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzw2yI7Ngw4

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next