Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 08:21

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 14:06 

^^ that was a really good anti-eco. I wonder what would have happened if fnatic had bought some MP9s.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 14:18 

Well, that is what the pros get for thinking they can use pistols against smgs, and attacking one at a time at that. They are gonna have to learn not to be so conservative in their buying now.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 17:08 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I know you were linking that to show how overpowered smgs are now, with a 5man mp7 buy. But that was exactly what you said they should be used for. Anti-eco weapons. Show me a 5man mp7 buy vs rifles

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 19:23 

Ughh! I haven't played the update yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the AWP changes.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015 20:43 

Yes, you are the type of person who scopes and then moves around. I think you will hate the awp update personally.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 02:17 

yes, same here i like to play agressive awping but it is a challenge to adapt to this new change. i think i will be able to do it but what i have found to be a pain is if you miss your first shot it is a bitch to repeek and try again. its almost like if you initially miss, you have to fall back to a new angle

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 09:56 

I played the update a bit yesterday.

For the new awp speed I am somewhat happy and somewhat not. I like it because I seldom use the awp and it makes it harder to turn corners scoped in. I don't like it because when I used the awp, I was aggressive with it. And another flaw is it makes maps even more ct sided

For the SMGs, I like where they are at now. I can already tell they are being used more but they are not OP for their price.

Tec9 fix is close but no. The update helps but as I've already spoke about, they missed the ball

Overall the update is meh. I'm not happy with it but I'm not against it

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 11:08 

I still don't see how any part of this update has made the game more ct sided. People keep saying that, and I just don't see it at all.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 11:27 

I think making aggressive awping less viable helps the CTs.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 11:36 

Quote:
That's pretty much the only CT advantage I saw from this update.

All else seems to help the Ts, except the tec-9 change. Even then, the tec-9 is still good.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 12:34 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
But the reason everybody keeps using for the AWP patch is given in the example of JW rushing hut on nuke on CT side with an awp and getting like 3 or 4 frags.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 12:42 

Yeah well you can't always look to the community for examples of intelligent discussion. Awping is now easier in a camper's position, and CTs get that advantage on the competitive maps.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 14:30 

Yeah, I agree awping has now been made to more of a scope and get your shot instead of scoping and moving to get it, but I still think cs go is a peakers advantage and if you are gonna stare at a corner I will win a majority of the time peaking, if I peak correctly.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 13:20 

Quote:
Yeah, I agree awping has now been made to more of a scope and get your shot instead of scoping and moving to get it, but I still think cs go is a peakers advantage and if you are gonna stare at a corner I will win a majority of the time peaking, if I peak correctly.
This is my grammar nazi moment.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 13:37 

Not so much grammar than it is spelling.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 14:14 

Quote:
Not so much grammar than it is spelling.
What's that law that says if you're correcting somebody else's spelling or grammar you're guarunteed to make a mistake yourself?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 14:29 

In n0t famliar whit such lwa

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 15:26 

Oh yeah, it's called Muphry's Law (and yes, that's spelled correctly).

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 16:31 

Quote:
Quote:
This reminds me of an interesting point we debated a couple years ago about GO. Anubis and Serial were telling me that it's dumb to have save rounds after pistol with all the other tools at our disposal and I wouldn't have any of it because I was used to 1.6.
That's fascinating and I wonder what the conversation was like. I believe saving after losing pistol should be the standard. You sucked on the pistol round so now you have an economic punishment. It would be really interesting to hear the opposite viewpoint on that.
Diving to the beginning to answer this. The opposite viewpoint would be to play the meta game.

You think I SHOULD save. You're expecting me to save. I force a mag or nova or big pistol/armor. IF I take you out, I'm ruining your economy and saving mine after the first round deficit. If I don't take you out, I'm not any worse since I wouldn't buy until the 4th round anyway. The risk vs reward in this situation means that I'm (talking about myself in actuality, not a scenario) am almost certainly going to force on second round. Unless it's like t side nuke which means I'm already facing a hard time against ct's. I think that in almost all scenarios, the risk is worth the potential reward.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015 16:59 

Since we seem to have an odd opinion that what the pros think is all that matters, here's Friberg giving props to the SMG buffs. https://twitter.com/fribergCS/status/585046471457771520

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next