Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:39

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 16 May 2015 15:43 

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ZPCnO-ZrV9H-ACsM3-MhGBS-dvV9G

PostPosted: 16 May 2015 17:18 

... We need to get a 5 man smurf group.

PostPosted: 16 May 2015 23:02 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
... We need to get a 5 man smurf group.
Are people forgetting that this ruins the fun for the other team?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 16 May 2015 23:13 

Like how you ruined the joke with your seriousness?

Ohhhhh

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 01:54 

Not gonna lie, I smurf a lot. Then again I usually try to smurf when I can get 4 or 5 of my friends to play so we can then screw around with whatever shitty strats or games we can come up with. Most of the time we lose even though were usually 3-6 ranks above the players we are against.

Smurfing is a problem, but to be honest Valve isn't going to do anything about it anytime soon. Smurfing is hard to counter (just adding a 50 game or so restriction isn't going to make things better) and it can be used in innocent ways (aka fucking around with 3/4 friends or playing 2/3/4 stacks with friends when their too low of a rank to play with you).

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 07:06 

Im all for getting a 5 man team with my friends and try and win in the hardest ways possible i.e., zeus and knives, noscopes only, lose 14 and try to win the next 16, ninja defuses

It adds a different and challenging way to win with no risk of you having to worry about your rank

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 12:03 

I think a lot of the things said in this thread are why match making is broken and people are adding to the toxic pool that is called match making. Personally I feel that way.

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 13:28 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I think a lot of the things said in this thread are why match making is broken and people are adding to the toxic pool that is called match making. Personally I feel that way.
I agree. I just wasn't going to defend myself to everybody thinking it's a joke. Everybody has played against smfc/GE that tear you apart and it's not fun, even though they are laughing and find it hilarious.

The whole point of matchmaking is to play against people of your skill level. Go to a pub, everybody is nova or less in pubs.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 13:53 

I think that what they are doing is different from what ruins matchmaking. If you play a game zues only, you're going to be on par with silvers, and your smurf rank will be silver. You won't be tearing apart the other team. And if you make sure you're a five stack, you also won't be ruining it for your teammates.

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 14:07 

Quote:
I agree. I just wasn't going to defend myself to everybody thinking it's a joke.
The "joke" was goat's comment about getting a team of smurfs, not the idea of smurfing. :/

PostPosted: 17 May 2015 15:15 

The only reason I have an alt account is to play with my low-ranked friends. Most of the time I do queue on my alt I treat it not as seriously.