Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:10

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Chronicles of Azn
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 13:18 

I've decided to take my MM demos, record them with Bandicam, and then post them here to get some feedback on what I need to work on and such. Please give as much constructive criticism as you can since I am trying to become better at CSGO. I'll post the first video in a few hours from posting this. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Chronicles of Azn
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 13:50 

This sounds like a great idea! I would love to critique your demos. :D

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 17:03 

You could always just share the demo link with us and we could critique it that way.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 20:02 

Yea I would like POV demos showing me what you see on radar instead of GOTV with the whole minimap. Also xray ruins it.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 20:35 

Sorry for the delay. I decided to re-record a few times until I was satisfied with the end result. Anyways, it shouldn't take too long for the first video to be uploaded onto YouTube.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2015 21:23 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6klPBdf7Qw[/youtube]

Most recent MatchMake that I played. Our team consisted of Me, Cemy, Lu, and Lokiri with Cemy's friend Fiery as the 5th. I did very poorly in this one so I'm hoping to see a bunch of responses :P

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015 11:28 

This is my constructed critique of the demo. I understand hindsight is always 20/20 and I don't follow my own recommendations 100% of the time. Everyone could benefit from constructed critiques and Azn is amazing to allow us to do this.

1st Round: Without Smokes for CT and Jungle, taking A site is going to be hard. You tried to plant the bomb and got punished because no-one bought a smoke for ct. Someone on your team (maybe not even you considering you bought kevlar) should have used this -> https://youtu.be/j3O_4wtCKCM?t=2m57s. Considering Lu bought a P250 (which should almost never be bought on pistol) he could have afforded the CT smoke. ROUND LOST

Also, crosshair placement should be a bit higher and turning off the music when a round begins and ends is helpful since it's purely cosmetic and it's more important to hear your teammates rather than hear ominous music.

2nd Round: You bought a decoy grenade and immediately wasted it. I recommend almost never buying a decoy since it's a waste of 50$ and let's the enemy know what gun you have. Unless you are doing some next level strats that involve dropping your AK throwing a decoy with the glock in your inventory and then picking up the AK, (so the decoy is a glock sound and your team thinks you are saving) I wouldn't ever buy it. ROUND LOST

Crosshair placement screws you over on the apts rush as you aim at stomach level until you see the enemy. https://youtu.be/U9mvXfnY8wU?t=1m10s

3rd Round: You get a kill thanks to good crosshair placement against the enemy. Unfortunately, it's a save round so the kill isn't going to do much unless your team massively clutches. Also, the molly ruins any chances of you guys going B thanks to the pick. Not much you can do. ROUND LOST

4th Round: You go Palace and risk killing yourself doing the CT smoke. Unfortunately It doesn't bloom in the right direction. A lack of a connector smoke also doesn't help but it's your teammates responsibility for throwing the connector smoke. (For this entire game I'm "giving you the role" of CT smoke) The small problem of the round is you camp in a spot that has no cover and is easily checked by the CT. They also spot you stairs and don't see you going back so they know you are there. The big problem of this round is they all peek one by one instead of peeking or hiding as a team. By the time they hide, it's 2v3 with one guy already flanking ramp. ROUND LOST

For a split second at 4:46 you can see the guy ramp but you don't notice him and I probably wouldn't either. Just an interesting point.
Nice shot onto the guy CT through the smoke.

5th Round: This is so weird. The guy runs into palace then starts walking but doesn't check in between pillars and goes straight for you. And then he get's 2 perfect headshots. That's absolute bullshit.
So you guys take middle and trades happen. That's cool. You take A site and it becomes a 2v2. The best thing to do is if you guys both wait and hid but Cemy peeks out and dies. Fiery sits ramp and waits for footsteps or defusal sounds. This is really smart and he clutches it 1v2 after a ninja attempt. ROUND WON

6th Round: After last round, you wait up a bit palace. This is smart since changing it up after something like that happens is almost always a good thing.

With 0 smokes by anyone on your team, you and your team had to rush like hell. But after getting stopped bit by bit the enemy team could call out bomb A and rotate. Without smokes you didn't know where they were coming from and they swarmed you.

Lu gets a super lucky 4K thanks to Kyanite's lack of aim (he fucking aimed around Lu) He also gloats so much after the round he forgets to plant the bomb for extra money. ROUND WON

7th Round: Lu Tries to plant without site being cleared. A lack of smokes doesn't help this. You go for KQLY shots and eventually get a sick frag connector. ROUND WON

8th Round: Save round for enemy team. You lose one but he doesn't get the AK. ROUND WON

9th Round: You look away but the flash doesn't even seem to land anywhere near you. You kill the awper who can't shoot but the guy comes in from cat and trades. Lokiri throws a weird but interesting flash which alerts the enemy team. ROUND LOST

10th Round: You have two flashes, a molly, and a nade but no smoke. Literally no one on your team has a smoke. You don't check balcony fast enough and your teammate dies. You throw a good molly and a bad nade. ROUND WON

11th Round: The enemy team goes for the ugliest force up I have ever seen. You don't adjust your aim fast enough in apartments but he gets a good shot and I probably would have died there myself. So it's a 2v2 and lokiri is in the middle of site with no cover. Cemy waits patiently and the guy doesn't even check his corners. ROFL. ROUND WON

12th Round: Enemy Save Round. You get a great first kill but the second one is a bit slower. The guy CT gets a good headshot with a p250. This round I realized your team is aiming towards the ground.
ROUND WON

13th Round: Even when your team has enough to full buy+ nades they don't buy nades. This really bothers me. You get an amazing headshot on the guy connector plus a great follow-up kill on the guy window room. ROUND WON

14th Round: You don't check connector and get lit and then killed. A smoke for connector would have helped there. The guy on cat whiffs against Lu so hard. He gets punished by the second guy Cat. They get a last second defuse. Had everyone not peeked out, the round would have been yours. ROUND LOST

15th Round: You have good smokes for CT and connector but instead of planting with the bomb, Cemy goes for the guy connector. Lu Dies with a Negev which is why you should never invest 5700$ in that lawn mower unless you are winning and want to troll the enemy team. You miss the guy CT and get tagged up hard after hitting the guy on stairs. The guy CT kills you. ROUND LOST

Half Time: 7 Enemy Team 8 Your Team
A really solid scoreline for any mirage game that starts on T side but without silly mistakes it could have been 11-4 or some shit like that.

16th Round: They take mid control and a lack of corner holding by you at apartments kills you. You hold a very wide angle when you don't need to. ROUND LOST

17th Round: 3 Great Kills on a save round. You single handedly win them the round. ROUND WON

18th Round: Your Team loses control of A against saving players. If you attach your crosshair to the wall like adren says in the crosshair placement video, Blocking Cock would have died quicker to you. ROUND LOST

19th Round: You and Your Team buys shit when it should be a save round. Bomb is clearly A and your team doesn't call it until very late. You should also see bomb on radar at this point as well. You get a good kill on scrubby doo (although he has bad aim) and pick up the AK and kill the guy near sandwich. Good Shit. ROUND WON

20th Round: Your team does a decent job at holding site but bomb gets planted after they get fragged. Had you attached your crosshair to the wall like in adren's video you would have got an easy kill sandwich. ROUND WON

21st Round: Cemy gets bomb down and the team rotates. The worst part of this round is no-one works of this and they regain control of bomb. They go B and you are by yourself and while trying to get the planter you die. ROUND LOST

22nd Round: Half of your team buys when the other half of the team can't. Bomb is clearly A and nobody calls it. ROUND LOST

23rd Round: You get 2 great USP kills and get an AK. Saving the AK would be good on a save round but you went for it and died. ROUND LOST

24th Round: Crosshair placement could have been better but a solid round. ROUND WON

25th Round: You boost up Lu in the same spot as last round. Yes, it surprised them that round but now they are going to check it. You throw a flash that's way too high. Without proper pre-aiming and crosshair placement it becomes difficult to pickup frags. ROUND LOST

26th Round: Once again, Instead of saving you go for a really strange force up even though most of your team can't afford it. ROUND LOST

27th Round: ROUND LOST due to another awkward force buy (you would have had enough for a full buy if you didn't force last round)

28th Round: GG

TL;DR https://youtu.be/j3O_4wtCKCM?t=2m57s and https://youtu.be/U9mvXfnY8wU?t=1m10s

It seemed like your team could not agree on when to buy, who is throwing the smokes and where, and the team didn't use crosshair placement to their advantage.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015 11:44 

I'll try add on to what Robot said.

Round 1, you didn't check firebox. He could have been hiding there when you went to plant. Also, when it's a five man take of a site, try to trust that your teammate will cover you and keep planting. It turns out that they didn't have you covered, but you were dead either way.

Round 2: You shoot the tec-9 way too fast.
Quote:
2nd Round: You bought a decoy grenade and immediately wasted it. I recommend almost never buying a decoy since it's a waste of 50$ and let's the enemy know what gun you have. Unless you are doing some next level strats that involve dropping your AK throwing a decoy with the glock in your inventory and then picking up the AK, (so the decoy is a glock sound and your team thinks you are saving) I wouldn't ever buy it. ROUND LOST
Goat has changed my mind about this point. When there's 8 or nine red blips on the radar when you're trying to rotate into a site to take it, it's very confusing. If you only had two teammates and they're being overrun by enemies, they're not going to be making the best calls and you're going to be looking at your radar a ton. I've started buying a decoy if I can't afford a molotov and I've seen them be very effective. But, if you just throw it in spawn, it's not useful at all. Try to think about using them to trick somebody - what's actually going to trick them?

Round 3: Also shooting the glock way too fast.

When you peek the corner of palace round 4, you go too fast. When you come out of palace there are a few places you need to peek, and you need to do it one at a time and with deliberation. First, you peek jungle. Don't over-peek. Don't come out too far that your body is exposed to stairs. If nobody is jungle, then peek stairs. Then sandwich, then tetris, then porch. You just kind of came out and peeked everything in one fell swoop, which could have gotten you picked off very easily. At the end of the round, when you're in CT behind ticket booth, your crosshair is way too close to the corner. Even pros don't have that type of reaction time. Pull your crosshair out a bit so accomodate the fact that you have to react to somebody before you can shoot them.

Round 6: You're creeping through palace really slowly, but I can tell from the radar your teammate is already on tetris. So they should be able to call somebody porch or pushing palace. You should go up more quickly and peek jungle and stairs to help them get in. In fact, you're still hiding in palace when two of your teammates die on site.

Round 8: Everybody seems to be watching store. Since you're the last guy out of apartments and the rest of your team is in site, you could have stayed apartments and watched that.

I'm going to stop now because I have to leave for the day.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015 12:50 

Asain, I can't watch the demo yet but if you want to Google+ later tonight I would love to watch.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2015 05:29 

I will do it with you guys. Let me know the time. Asian can text me.