Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024 23:13

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015 15:03 

Has anyone else heard people complain in a 1v1 about simple things?

The spawns are perfectly even, they spawn with the same weapons, yet one out-does the other. The 'good' player, after he dies, complains about the random, unskilled, or 'silver strats' play performed by their opponent. My question is; why are you dead if he was doing random, unskilled, or 'silver' plays? Clearly out-performed you and you are now dead.

My point in writing this short post is simple; remain unpredictable. If the opponent can predict you than what is the point of trying to out-aim him? You may view peaking out wide as 'stupid' and 'silver' but did it work against you? Did it catch you off-guard? Yes, so he did in-fact out-perform you. Essentially, I do not see the big fuss when people complain so much about death due to unpredictability. Isn't that the point, catching the opponent off-guard?

Your input is welcomed, but I think remaining unpredictable in a fire-fight is necessary and if that means you need to wide-peak, do it.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015 15:41 

Good thread. I also don't understand it. Use it as an opportunity to get better.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015 17:14 

I completely agree. I know there are some basic things that a lot of newer people do more often, and generally some of those things are a bad idea, (smgs against rifles long range for example) but I feel like if I lose to someone, its entirely my fault. I let them get the better position on me, or I got caught with a nade in my hand. Generally its something that I could have prevented. I don't think of the other person as lucky really in anyway, even if the outcome was something that they didn't mean to happen, sprayed at me and a bullet catches my head by accident, I still was the one that didn't finish them quick enough or use my map to my advantage enough. I don't believe in things like "silver strats". You lose because the other person bested you in that situation. Its almost never actually random.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2015 19:10 

I may make this a weekly thing of sorts. Any suggestions what I should write about briefly next week?