Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024 08:58

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 08:17 

That update yesterday was amazing. I love this game again!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 08:37 

/r/OutOfTheLoop:

Things fixed:
  • Hitboxes are no longer a thing. Instead, there is a new way of calculating hitboxes based on the player's animations. Little things such as changing a weapon to that of an AK will animate the arm going behind one's back to switch to it. Essentially, the 'hitbubbles' follow the animations almost seamlessly and I haven't found any situation were a shot to the toe / finger didn't deal damage, yes it is that good.
  • I say 'hitbubbles' because instead of it rendering as a simple rectangle it renders as an ellipse. This can be seen because the movement animations are slightly different than they were before and it is easy, at least for me, to point out that a forearm and the upper arm looks much more like an ellipse than before.
  • The reason hitbubbles are so glorious: It follows the player almost exactly. It actually makes hitting players who are jumping much easier and is actually going to nerf jump-scouters, IMO.
  • Animations are now globaly visible, not held only to the clients. Essentially, if you pull out your knife showing the flip-knife or the desert eagle, your teammates / enemies / everyone on the server can see the animations.
My general analysis:
CS:GO is much more T-sided, and for these reasons:
  • Peaker's advantage is much more practical now causing some of us to get extremely frustrated holding a corner with an AWP.
  • The M4A1-S is now not nearly as powerful and has a decreased rate of fire which is going to throw off many user's spray patterns and how they play the game (M4A1 FTW).
  • The jumpscout is no longer a practical defense strategy if overused all of the time due to the fixed jumping hitboxes.
  • CTs, due to the more practical and realistically sized hitboxes are a bigger target than Ts.
All in all, I love this update and would love it much more if the M4A1-S wasn't changed. I would probably still use the M4A1-S had they not decreased the ROF, but they did, so I do not like that change at all.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 09:22 

Is it actually t-sided, or will CTs just have to play more fluidly? A CT can peek a terrorist, too, after all. If CTs don't just sit at a corner and wait for the terrorists, wouldn't it balance back out?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 09:58 

I believe it could stay relatively even if people slightly change their CT side play-style but I do think that peaker's advantage would definitely be an advantage to terrorists more so than counter-terrorists.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 10:27 

Yeah, its just gonna make the CT's change how they play I think. You won't be able to sit close to a corner as easy in my opinion. Its so much easier to step around the corner and spray a person down now.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 10:33 

Quote:
I believe it could stay relatively even if people slightly change their CT side play-style but I do think that peaker's advantage would definitely be an advantage to terrorists more so than counter-terrorists.
Maybe more people will start playing hostage maps now!

Probably not... But I can dream anyway.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 11:10 

oh man, I Can't wait to try them out.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 23:22 

Can't wait either! Gonna have to wait for Friday night though or might sneak in a couple of games Thursday night.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015 23:47 

m4a1s master race STILL REIGNS

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015 00:49 

finally got my eagle!

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015 06:49 

We just demolished two teams of LEMs and LEs last night. I wonder if this update will start to solidify the skill groups a bit more, when the game isn't so heavily based on random registry.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015 09:29 

After playing a little bit, I think it doesn't change map balance too much or we were just sick at demolishing opponents on T side.

I'm wondering if the need for 128 tick is as high anymore though considering that hitreg is almost entirely flawless now.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015 10:23 

I could still tell it was better on our servers. The entire game just felt smoother on 128 tick. TONS AND TONS of people are talking about how strong the peeker's advantage is now though.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015 10:41 

Quote:
TONS AND TONS of people are talking about how strong the peeker's advantage is now though.
It is obscene...

I was a very strong peeker and got the pick most of the time. With this update though... I feel as if I am playing against those with poor reaction time.
I'm like boom headshot, boooooom headshot, bOooOOOOOOoooommm heeeaaaaaddshhhshhhiioooooooooot.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 22:48 

Wow, sounds like fun! Don't think I will like the M4A1 change though.