More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 16 May 2024 06:02

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 12:14 

Obnoctis really came out.

Never again.

http://www.twitch.tv/goatmips/v/31209612

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 12:20 

Why do our clan members never stream to our account? It's frustrating to put so much effort into creating a community that people apparently want to be a part of, only to have those people put no effort back into helping the community maintain itself. It makes me feel like there is no sense even doing it anymore. Our community child be gone and nobody would notice.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 12:22 

It was a last minute at like midnight or one am, apologies we didnt even think about using ours.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 12:48 

Quote:
we didnt even think about using ours.
I know, that's the problem. :( Nobody ever does.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:37 

I didn't stream to the AM account because I wasn't sure what exactly would happen. It is goofy and fun, but I didn't know and thought that broadcasting a drunk clan member would have been 'innapropriate' in some way.

I apologize.

The only real reason I have streamed to my own account instead of AM was because I either wasn't sure if the content within the streams would be entirely appropriate or that the content seemed personal like team matches.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:41 

Well I mean, you should always be following our clan rules if you have our tag on. So if you're playing with our tag on, feel free to stream to our account!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:44 

Quote:
Well I mean, you should always be following our clan rules if you have our tag on. So if you're playing with our tag on, feel free to stream to our account!
I basically wasn't sure if this specific instance of streaming a clan member in such form on the official account would have been deemed appropriate. Yes it was funny, but I didn't know how it would have been taken.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:45 

Oh ok. Well the answer is yes. :D

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:47 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Whenever I streamed, I didn't stream to AMs account because there are almost no streamers who actually know how to build a channel, a following, and a brand. It's a waste of time to have a few members do it properly and then the other members backtrack the efforts made.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:51 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
To clarify: when I streamed, it was to BUILD and channel. Not so that my friends can watch me. I had a following and regulars, people who missed me when I was offline. It was fun but very structured.

Most of our clan just streams what they want, they don't communicate to the stream, and it's very unstructured. That's stressful for me, so I simply was not a part of it.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:52 

If we can have a scheduled stream with members who would stream, participate, and interact with the community, then we could be cruising in no time. To communicate and interact with the community would be great.

We just need it to be structured.

I have already come up with some ways to incorporate popular functions, like twitch chat and now-playing into the stream. I can share these setups to you guys if you want.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 15:59 

Quote:
To clarify: when I streamed, it was to BUILD and channel. Not so that my friends can watch me. I had a following and regulars, people who missed me when I was offline. It was fun but very structured.
It sounds like you have a lot of really good advice you could offer us. I don't have any experience in streaming and most of the things I know good streamers should do I'm not comfortable doing anyway because I'm a woman. I think the vast majority of our clan wants to stream but simply doesn't know how, and it would be great to have others share that information willingly. We have a whole thread about twitch streaming and people could start new ones without me chasing them down and nagging them about it. :(

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 21:57 

Again, if someone is willing to help me set up a stream to run properly, I'm more than happy to help stream. I just don't have a very good internet connection and I have absolutely no technological knowledge. :3

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2015 22:34 

You're never on though! I'll help you next time you're on.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2015 00:12 

I'd love to help. That's a great idea. My PC has been too shit to stream lately. Maybe some minecraft at best. But I can definitely help people to have a watchable stream