Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 20:00

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016 21:13 

Before I start, yes I am fucking salty. You should be too when you're bullshitted so much in a game that is supposedly competitive. As of right now, CS:GO is shit, it just is, and I am going to explain why it is so shit to you in a little rant that I've wanted to make for a while.

The first issue that I see in CS:GO, is weapon precision within the first three bullets of any gun. If I fire and AK-47 down Long A on de_dust2, the shots will go all over the map, no matter if I am standing still, crouched, or moving. It makes far too little of a difference to stay still, so more than likely, you would either ADAD spam, crouch-slide, or you would do a Scream style tap-shot rhythm. Standing still and shooting down Long A with only 30 bullets in an AK looks like this https://gyazo.com/aa22c34fbbcc64b9675e5a9fb8c520a3

If I were to spray down Long A in the same manor, with no recoil (weapon_recoil_scale 0) it would look almost as inaccurate. https://gyazo.com/873244b85e03f00b06a924ea375c9c3d

There is a lack of difference between the shot which is meant to be completely accurate, versus the shot that is meant to be very random, which is actually far more effective than its predecessor.

Coinciding with the unnecessarily high inaccuracy value, the size of general hitboxes is horrible. In 1.6 and CS:S alike, hitboxes were larger than the playermodel by quite a bit, as shown here: https://gyazo.com/4ca6e8112ce101278e76bc185944466f
And although CS:S did have a comparable inaccuracy value to CS:GO's, it didn't make gameplay unbearable (although other aspects did make CS:S anticompetitive ie. a failed attempted to recalculate air-acceleration).

Another thing which I find horrible in CS:GO, is how simple and easy spraying is. In 1.6, and to an extent Source, every weapon had 3-5 spray patterns (at least), and forced the player to control spray off of the tactile feedback that the game gave them. As far as spraying goes in GO, it is just the only way to kill someone, since your bullets do not shoot straight.

Another thing about spraying; we are all aware of the "terrible" winter update that "broke" spraying and pistols for a few days. The spraying change, in the current state of CS:GO was a horrible change, because of the added RNG, and the same spray patterns for everything. However, something that Valve did do correctly which, sadly, was also reversed after the onslaught of reddit keyboard warriors. This change was that to the pistols, which were fixed, (minus the R8) for a bittersweet grace period of a few days. Pistols are currently FAR too accurate while running, which almost defeats the point of running inaccuracy, and means that you could, more or less, get by in CS:GO never shooting while standing still, with one-shot kill pistols such as the Tec-9 or the Five Seven. The change to fix this is obvious.

The final thing that I have the patience to write about is the peeker's advantage. This, although nowhere near as game-breaking as it was in CS:S, is a serious annoyance and is yet another anti-competitive aspect of CS:GO, albeit accidental. In Counter-Strike in particular, there should almost always be a defender's advantage, so that teams are forced to buy grenade kits to successfully complete a site execution. This could be fixed by just lowering the movement speed of many weapons, however this would make the game extremely slow, and boring both to watch and play. This should be fixed by making larger models, (for both sides), so that it is easier to tell when someone is peeking, and make it easier to just prefire them. *Unpopular Opinion!* I think that tagging should also be stronger, to make it more vital to have superior movement in a firefight.

Well, I am thoroughly heated. So, in short, CS:GO is shit and I know how to fix it.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016 21:26 

Quote:
I know how to fix it.
k

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016 21:30 

Quote:
Quote:
I know how to fix it.
k
Don't quote me like that one girl who said she would destroy ISIS.

ily

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016 23:28 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote wars! I'm not even going to go into the stuff about the ak shots. Too much room for falsifying facts, and I don't know enough about the actual facts to say anything.
Quote:
Before I start, yes I am fucking salty. You should be too when you're bullshitted so much in a game that is supposedly competitive. As of right now, CS:GO is shit, it just is, and I am going to explain why it is so shit to you in a little rant that I've wanted to make for a while.
I think you wrote this angry! After a competitive loss, perhaps? Just a guess.
Quote:
Another thing which I find horrible in CS:GO, is how simple and easy spraying is. In 1.6, and to an extent Source, every weapon had 3-5 spray patterns (at least), and forced the player to control spray off of the tactile feedback that the game gave them. As far as spraying goes in GO, it is just the only way to kill someone, since your bullets do not shoot straight.
I think you are incorrectly remembering CS 1.6. The spray pattern was the same every time. There was no RNG to the spray pattern. Sure, if it was your first time playing, it LOOKED randomized. It wasn't. Possibly some guns but definitely not the AK, M4, and MP5 (Man, I miss that gun).
As for bullets not shooting straight:
For a gun that is 1 shot kill to the head (with the exception of the farthest distances possible in SOME competitive maps), wouldn't you want a slight inaccuracy going against it? It makes sense to me and sounds pretty even. An AK needs 1 bullet to the head, but has SLIGHT inaccuracy. The M4 needs 1 bullet to the head and another hit, and is almost perfectly accurate. Sounds like a coin toss to me. If spraying feels like the only way to kill somebody, I highly suggest more deathmatch or accuracy training maps. My missed bullets are 90% me missing. Probably a higher percentage, still.
Quote:
The final thing that I have the patience to write about is the peeker's advantage. This, although nowhere near as game-breaking as it was in CS:S, is a serious annoyance and is yet another anti-competitive aspect of CS:GO, albeit accidental. In Counter-Strike in particular, there should almost always be a defender's advantage, so that teams are forced to buy grenade kits to successfully complete a site execution. This could be fixed by just lowering the movement speed of many weapons, however this would make the game extremely slow, and boring both to watch and play. This should be fixed by making larger models, (for both sides), so that it is easier to tell when someone is peeking, and make it easier to just prefire them.
Bluntly put, I just think this is wrong. Although I disagree with the current advantage, I don't think it should ever be changed. This would be a complete redesign of the game. Leave the for a new Counter-Strike.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016 23:34 

The spray pattern was not the same every time in 1.6, but it was not random either. It was something like 12 spray patterns per gun.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2016 04:54 

spray and pray wins 1.6

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2016 08:33 

About 1.6 spray patterns: By James O'Connor (1.6 Invite IGL for Green Berets and other T2 teams., In CSGO he was influential with Area 51 very early, he is now the coach of Team Liquid)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5tRoVYFtg[/youtube]

Also:

-Using Flash (Scaleform) for HUD and Menus, thusly destroying potential performance and introducing memory leaks, stutter, fps drops.

-Post-processing is still forced.

-Still showing enemies on Radar.

-Sound is still not where it should be.

-Tracers exist.

-Movement Stamina. This WAS combated in 1.6 with the combination of better accuracy and tagging, but i think they changed 1.6 movement now...

-EVERYTHING is far too accurate while running & jumping.

-Game Helper/Hints basically allows you to cheat through smokes(mainly bomb location, not sure if they fixed that yet)

-Music Kits with 10 second timer exists.

-Hit reg still screws people over constantly. Even in pro games.

-Source engine networking is too reliant on lag compensation+interp which only works with stable ping and still fucks up when changing direction

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2016 09:57 

I like Jero's list. I feel like it's a lot more realistic to the game. I agree with some of Sentenz's points, but I think fixing them would require a change to the inherent nature of the game. (For example, I agree with first bullet inaccuracy, but that has always been a feature of CS.)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2016 16:45 

Quote:
I like Jero's list. I feel like it's a lot more realistic to the game. I agree with some of Sentenz's points, but I think fixing them would require a change to the inherent nature of the game. (For example, I agree with first bullet inaccuracy, but that has always been a feature of CS.)
Yes it has always been a feature in CS, but in 1.6 it was definitely far more accurate, which made tap and burst playstyles far more viable.