Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:50

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: Sneaky Beaky Like
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016 19:16 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Popdog.
That's a fucky one. CS and CSCZ both had different trains with popdog wrote on them. So people would get confused switching back and forth between games. Now I THINK people refer to popdog as the first train when you go down the ramp to the inner bomb site.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

Last edited by Traviesaurus on 09 Jul 2016 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016 19:33 

Quote:
Popdog.
Oh yeah that's a good one.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 02:17 

Quote:
Quote:
It is funny, because people still call barrels "palm tree" sometimes. It is also funny that despite not playing any other version of CS, I still know what they mean by "palm tree".

Eventually, the call "palm tree" will be in reference to a map greater than two iterations away from the current map.
I wonder if there are other examples like that. Goose was until they added the graffiti back. Jungle in mirage is another example, since there's no plants there anymore.
IS THAT WHY THAT IS JUNGLE? Holy shit, I was so confused by the name choice!

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 12:03 

Quote:
IS THAT WHY THAT IS JUNGLE? Holy shit, I was so confused by the name choice!
Yes. Here is a picture of it. I stepped back far enough that you can see connector on my right. I'm looking into Jungle, and you can see the hanging plants.

http://imgur.com/0p4sXiU

Arch-side of Inferno also used to be called Jungle for the same reason. Nobody calls it jungle anymore, though, so it doesn't count as an example.

http://imgur.com/lW5tA8j

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 12:11 

That's fascinating!

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 12:55 

Ginger, that is what I meant not elevator but fast cat. I really think they will do this.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 13:12 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Ginger, that is what I meant not elevator but fast cat. I really think they will do this.
I'm not sure about that. It would change the map completely. I'm thinking it will either be a massive remake, or a re texture to make it fit the current maps (something more modern/metallic).

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2016 23:54 

Yeah, it might just be a retexture and nothing else. Maybe some slight angle changes from a few areas but over all leave the lay out the same.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016 00:06 

Quote:
Yeah, it might just be a retexture and nothing else. Maybe some slight angle changes from a few areas but over all leave the lay out the same.
Maybe even add a couple spots where you could have multiple angles. Something on car in long A so you can peek your head up? Some sort of sniper tower like I've seen in other dust2 variations.