Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 18:58

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 18:07 

Okay, I have two main topics that aren't completely random for this one. Mainly core movement mechanics, and errors in gun-play.

My first issue involves issues in both systems, and our beloved AWP. It's fucking broken, especially on lan. Don't take this out of context and keyboard warrior my asshole to death. It is broken for one reason only, you can't counter another AWP. If you are at Ivy on old Train, and you are at far corner, and the CT is watching the crack between sandbags and the wall, the CT will win that duel 9/10 times because of a lack of consistent quick-peeking techniques with the AWP. Yes, I know about crouch peeking, but even that relies heavily on RNG, and is not reliable in all situations. This was not a problem in 2014, because the AWP's scoped movement speed was 150 UPS instead of the current 100. Although in general it was a positive change to the game in some senses, it did ruing 1v1 AWP fights where it only relies on who can hold an angle first, instead of who can outplay the other with their movement and timing.

I think that the fix for this should be to decrease the inaccuracy cooldown time for scoping with the AWP to a point where unless you were trying to COD MLG Kwikskupe someone 360 FaZe style, you would hit that shot consistently.

My next issue is one that is bitched about in lower levels of play, and I personally talk down upon those who hate it. The Deagle. People complain about it saying that it is too hard to be used, whereas in my honest opinion, I think that it is the most balanced gun in CS:GO. HOWEVER, I do think that it can be improved with one change. Just improve it's accuracy cooldown to be the same as the AK. I hate jumping into window on Mirage and then dying because my gun isn't accurate for 1.5 seconds after landing. It's a lesser gripe, but it is annoying as shit.

Like I said, to fix this, just change the Deagle's inaccuracy cooldown after jumping to reset at the same speed that the AK would, and then the Deagle would be even more competitively viable than it is now, without being completely overpowered. I understand why this hasn't happened yet, but I can fucking dream, okay?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 18:47 

I think people need to address things correctly.

I don't think you mean it literally when you call csgo a "shithole" of a game.

Also, there will always be problems with a game no matter how refined it may be. People just need to stop addressing it as " stupid game, needs fixing, lazy devs, useless waste of time" and actually be nice. There is a surprisingly low ratio of dev -> user in this game and we have to take that into consideration when critiquing the game.

So please don't be all "stupid game, bullshit CSGO" and whatnot, just consider changes need to be made, the game is still a really good game, and calm your tits.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 19:16 

I get where he's coming from. It's just a figure of speech, and I don't think his point was lost in the vernacular.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 21:01 

Quote:
I think people need to address things correctly.

I don't think you mean it literally when you call csgo a "shithole" of a game.

Also, there will always be problems with a game no matter how refined it may be. People just need to stop addressing it as " stupid game, needs fixing, lazy devs, useless waste of time" and actually be nice. There is a surprisingly low ratio of dev -> user in this game and we have to take that into consideration when critiquing the game.

So please don't be all "stupid game, bullshit CSGO" and whatnot, just consider changes need to be made, the game is still a really good game, and calm your tits.
Calling the game a shithole was a joke. Just to clear things up, I was kind of indirectly referencing something that Handi said, "I'll bitch about the game and call it a fucking mess, then I'll go play 3 consecutive scrims."

I was kind of just using it as a half-joke, but I do think that some core parts of the game are broken.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 21:02 

I don't know, I like the awp the way it is personally. I usually have no problem using an awp offensively. I used to be terrible the the deagle however and hated it. I can actually use it now, and I am not sure how adjusting its cool down would be good or bad.

I think its an overall great game. I of course have lots of complaints like most people, but I would still rather cs go than really any other fps.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016 21:10 

Quote:
I am not sure how adjusting its cool down would be good or bad.
It would affect the Deagle itsself very well, and would balance it if no other pistols mattered. If you watch me play, you'll see that I always buy the deagle, but the reason that I do this is because of my accurate aiming style. If it's innaccuracy cooldwon was altered it may become used too much over the P250/Five-7/Tec-9 etc. It would make the gun more viable in close range positions which is not its current purpose and therefore may create an imbalance in the Pistol category, which is why I said I could dream.