Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:43

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 13:32 

http://www.pcgamer.com/more-than-11000- ... mer-today/

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 13:55 

More high quality journalism from pc game. It was a vac wave, and it targeted cheats for other valve games, not just csgo.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 14:47 

my favorite thing is hes just quoting kotaku. After reading both articles it seems all he did was rewrite the kotaku article. He adds nothing

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 15:02 

Why is journalism the most disrespectful thing you can do now a days? Does anyone produce legitimate researched and well written journalism anymore?

side note. fuck all those hackers that thought they were untouchable with their paid cheats. are we seeing a change finally? will valve put more pressure or was this just another normal vac wave and we got lucky they were able to hammer these cheats?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 18:27 

Quote:
my favorite thing is hes just quoting kotaku. After reading both articles it seems all he did was rewrite the kotaku article. He adds nothing
And the kotaku article was just quoting reddit.

Side note, apparent about 3.6k of that 11k were csgo hackers.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 18:43 

The article is very bad, ye.

I just appreciate "higher end" journalism is at least trying to cover it, however bad "it" may be.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 18:46 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Why is journalism the most disrespectful thing you can do now a days? Does anyone produce legitimate researched and well written journalism anymore?

side note. fuck all those hackers that thought they were untouchable with their paid cheats. are we seeing a change finally? will valve put more pressure or was this just another normal vac wave and we got lucky they were able to hammer these cheats?
Remember that insta-banning all cheaters at all times detected would be a horrible method of banning cheaters. They would instantly learn if their cheats were detectable or not. That's why they delay (among other reasons I'm sure) and do a vac wave.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 18:57 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
"I won’t list their names here, but I will post pictures of banned dickheads sobbing into the empty space where their knife collections once rested"

That's fucking flawless professionalism right there, ladies and gents.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 19:18 

hahahaha

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 19:45 

If you want actual reporting your're gonna have to see the Washington post or the New York times places like that. news papers that have actual investigative reporters. Not just places that read other newspapers and use that to write their own piece. I mean it appears that "twitchdenmark" did more actual investigative reporting than the "real" journalists. He also did a great job linking to his sources and updating with more developments.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016 20:39 

Quote:
Remember that insta-banning all cheaters at all times detected would be a horrible method of banning cheaters. They would instantly learn if their cheats were detectable or not. That's why they delay (among other reasons I'm sure) and do a vac wave.
VAC does two things:
1) When a user launches a client that has a modifier along side it that has already been detected by VAC, they almost instantly get tagged and within a day or so, get banned. (It's why my VAC ban for the gun-game MW2 thing took a couple of days to actually trigger)

2) When VAC detects a new cheat, it then proceeds to see what other clients has used similar modifiers in the past to figure out who was cheating. This new detection and then mass identification is what makes for the "VAC waves".

But yes, your client does get checked practically every launch.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 00:12 

Quote:
(It's why my VAC ban for the gun-game MW2 thing took a couple of days to actually trigger)
You know I've wondered about this for a while. How are you able to play csgo? I thought vac bans were cross game. Like you get vac banned and you're done.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 03:42 

Quote:
Quote:
(It's why my VAC ban for the gun-game MW2 thing took a couple of days to actually trigger)
You know I've wondered about this for a while. How are you able to play csgo? I thought vac bans were cross game. Like you get vac banned and you're done.
Only per-game. Me getting a VAC in MW2 means I can't play on official online servers, however I can still launch the multiplayer client and play locally or on servers that are nor VAC authenticated. If you ever noticed on the server browser in CSGO and other similar valve games, there is a shield symbol next to many of the server names. This shield means it's VAC secured. If not, anyone who got VACed can join that server.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 06:39 

Quote:
Only per-game
Vac bans aren't per game - they're per engine. A ban in 1.6 would also ban you in CZ. A ban in TF2 would also ban you in CS:S. Here's a full list of multi-game vac bans.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 06:53 

Quote:
Quote:
Only per-game
Vac bans aren't per game - they're per engine. A ban in 1.6 would also ban you in CZ. A ban in TF2 would also ban you in CS:S. Here's a full list of multi-game vac bans.
Interesting, although I think the "per engine" only works for valve games because MW3 uses the same engine as MW2 and I can play MW3 online.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 07:08 

Possibly yeah.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 11:29 

ahhh that make since. explains so much lol

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016 18:11 

yeah, its only the valve games that ban by engine.