Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:48

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 16:54 

Did anybody else here not know that you could download extra mission packs for the offline Condition Zero? Well, you can.

link

This site gives a good overview of some Mission Packs available for download. I'll give more basic instructions here, and then if you play any of the mission packs, please reply to this thread with your experiences!

Download link
Mirror

Installation instructions

1. Download whatever mission pack you like.
2. Unzip the content. The zip files are in a good folder structure, exactly where you need to put them. Most of them will unzip directly to your czero folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your_account_name\Condition Zero\czero
3. Some of them contain things like maps or wad files. Those will go into the appropriate folders (again, it's really well organized within the zip folders).
4. Open your game and choose Play Counter Strike:Condition Zero.
5. Choose your mission packs from the drop down menu at the top right of the page.
6. Play!

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 16:57 

Havok's Terrorist Mission Pack

I got about half way through this one before getting bored. It takes the normal CT missions and reworks them for Terrorist side. For example, you have to plant the bomb instead of defuse the bomb.

The missions are all very similar. Stuff like "Kill two enemies with a sniper rifle", or things like that. There are times when you have to kill people with a Krieg instead of a bullpup for example.

Because the missions are so similar, I think this version has much lower replay value than some of the others. It's kind of neat to do the missions from T side instead of CT side, but it gets old quickly.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 17:36 

-MKG- [Kidd-Egg] Mission Pack

This one was a really fun mission pack. First off, it had a few custom maps. See the spoiler for the maplist.
SpoilerShow
cs_militia_cz
de_aztec_cz
cs_downed_cz
cs_italy_cz
de_dust_cz
de_dust2_cz
cs_havana_cz
de_prodigy_cz
de_cbble_cz
de_fastline_cz
de_inferno_cz
de_chateau_cz
de_office_cz
cs_mortal
cs_rats5
de_dock
de_rats6
de_schoolke
The objectives were really cool too. The writer did a good job including guns that aren't in the normal CZ objectives. I even had to do one using the tmp.

There are a couple of problems with this map pack though. The very last map is basically unplayable. It dropped my FPS drastically; furthermore, it's a hostage map and most of the hostages are in areas where they get stuck places and you can't rescue them.

Also, the points don't line up well with what people you can choose for your team. Usually it lines up where you always have just the right amount of points to get the next guy onto the team, but after a little bit, it got off some how and that was no longer the case.

It's a short mission pack. I completed it in one sitting (and I can't sit that long without getting bored), but all in all it was fun and added new gameplay value to the offline missions.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010 21:24 

yea i always knew about them but i could never find a cool one and i never actually got them working so i stopped trying and just played online instead :D

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010 01:55 

man they are really cool. I would advise getting them because it adds a lot of replay value to the single player.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010 20:57 

The Shadow Operations Mission Pack

This one seemed like it would be really cool, because it plays a lot of cs 1.6 maps in the mission pack.

It SUCKED. It was fine up until cs_747, and then it just got annoying. The bots can see through the curtains in the plane, which means that the terrorists will start shooting at you well before you can see them (because there are like three curtains in between you).

That was frustrating me so much that I used bot_stop 1 to try to just beat the mission. (It required you to rescue the hostages.) That didn't work at all either. NONE of the hostages will follow you to the rescue zone. They will get stuck in chairs, or won't be able to go down stairs.

This mission pack is basically unplayable. Don't even bother wasting your time.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010 20:26 

The Tony-Strike: Condition Hawk - Blue Version is sooooo hard. It's ridiculously fun.

You only get one teammate for most of the missions. Your teammate is good, too, so you almost have to race him for kills.

The objectives are things like "Kill 3 enemies with a headshot with a pistol; kill 6 with a headshot from a shot gun; kill 3 with a tmp; and kill an enemy who is flashed."

It's got custom maps. So far I haven't encountered any problems with these ones like I did with the last couple mission packs.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010 03:43 

hahahaha the name is ridiculous for that one lol
actually makes me want to play it lol