Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 03:29

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 20:03 

[youtube][/youtube]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 21:14 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I agree with him. I want it to FEEL like 1.6. THAT is why I hate source. It feels slow and unresponsive like a COMPLETELY different game. I want cs:go to feel like 1.6, not css. Although I agree with them changing certain aspects, like he said. I completely agree with creating a recoil that is random and cannot be mastered, for instance.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 21:43 

The guy has the most annoying cadence in his voice. And how come the first five minutes is just him rambling?!

But back to the real topic at hand...

I'm worried CS:GO is going to be CS:S2. It's not going to cater to the true competitive nature of 1.6, and what really made the game so popular and great to begin with. They're making it too random for it to be competitive. Coding in random spray, so you can't control your spray pattern. All the fog. All the uncontrollable movements... It's going to be another casual fps, just like Source.

It's fascinating how much work he puts into peaks, though. This is something I have never really considered.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012 17:25 

yeah I agree with this. I was against keeping crouch hopping and russian walking, but I think it needs to stay. the level of strategy that things like crouch hopping add to the game are really complex. I don't believe any person or clan has mastered 1.6 and hit the skill ceiling. I really don't think anyone is close to be honest. I see even the top teams like navi, in my opinion make really horrible decisions while playing, simply because they can shoot really well. If you really sit and take 5-10 hours a day practicing and studying this game and working to develop extremely detailed yet adaptive strats then you might see a ceiling or maybe not, but you would see a new level of skill come out. I am still excited about cs:go but if they don't listen to what these top players are saying, then they will fail again. Maybe not fail like source but who knows.

Not being able to study recoil patterns to learn your weapon is a horrible idea. Random spray does not a competitive game make. You always hear never to spray never spray. I agree going for a 1-3 burst headshot or a few pop shots to the dome are the best choice. However, if you can sit and learn the 2-3 recoil patterns each of the guns you use has....maybe not for a full clip but even for half of it, then just by having that knowledge puts you leaps and bounds above most people. There are times when I will unload on someone: desperation, walling someone that is trying to run with their life, I have no choice because of the amount of enemies in front of me and the range they are at (like 2 or 3 people right in my face as I round a corner). My first few bullets are usually accurate and my last few bullets in my spray are accurate. The only reason my last few are accurate is because I have watched where my spray is going and adjusted the pull from my mouse accordingly e.g. if my bullets are going up I will pull down, if they go up and to the right I will pull down and to the left. If I were to know after my first 4 or 5 shots with the M4 which of the 3 spray patterns was happening and I could counteract that middle part of my spray....I could be much more deadly. This is a small example of why random spray is a bad bad horrible nasty terrible idea.

I don't know if keeping all the elements of 1.6 is the perfect solution, but there needs to be something that makes the game different. I was telling Anubis how in Halo 2 the game was basically broken. Anyone and their retarded monkey pet could grab a controller and kill ANYONE in the game without much problem. That is pathetic. How do you get better when a game is made so its even for everyone. Well, people eventually found certain button combinations that would cause things to happen faster than was meant to happen. So I could shoot you and then melee you faster than would happen if I just hit the buttons one at a time. If performed correctly which was hard, then you could get an almost instant kill. Granted, you did have to be right next to the enemy. But by figuring out this button combinations you could finally have an advantage over dumbass bill and his pet monkey jimbo. It wasn't meant to be there but it was the small factor that changed the game and made it bearable. There needs to be something whether by accident or on purpose that sets the game apart.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012 19:28 

[youtube][/youtube]

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012 23:48 

I am going to watch this tomorrow. This is exactly what I wanted to see with the first video.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012 15:35 

God this guy just rambles and rambles... This could have been a five minute video.

But I still like his actual ideas and comparisons between them. A lot of 1.6 people will say things like "Get rid of bunny hopping, it was a glitch, it wasn't meant to be there, finally take it out." Yeah, it wasn't meant to be there. Yeah, it was a glitch. But it was an AMAZING glitch that raised the skill ceiling CONSIDERABLY. It's one of the reasons why 1.6 is one of the most popular games STILL, after 10 years. Taking it out of GO distills the game into a pure shooter. The ONLY thing you will be able to do against a team is better strats and better shooting. You would be able to use one skill (like movement) to try to even out another, lesser skill (maybe you don't make up good strats). It makes the game two dimensional, where there are very few skills to master. It also makes it slow, and doesn't require such quick thinking. People aren't doing anything that you need to really think too hard about countering.

I like his point where if he wanted to play a modern shooter, he would play COD. There are plenty of shooters with realistic physics, and most people who play 1.6 hate those games, for a reason. It is almost like Valve is trying to balance a realistic shooter with what 1.6 was, and the middle ground is a huge failure. We don't need another physically realistic shooter called "CS:GO" instead of battlefield or CoD.

Also, has nobody noticed that when you hold your knife, it points out towards your thumb, but when you slash it, it's suddenly pointing out towards your pinky?