Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:16

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 12:44 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I've noticed that a few clan mates and many random matches don't know when to buy and when to save without somebody telling them. I decided to make a little guide.

Note: You should always be buying and saving as a team. It doesn't matter if YOU have $6000, if everybody else has $2000, you are all saving.
Note 2: You should always have armor if you are buying. If you cannot buy armor and a rifle, you definitely should not be buying. $2700 is not enough to buy, just because you can buy a famas/galil/ak.

Terrorists:

First Round:
You should have at least 3, probably 4 people, buying armor. The 5th person should be buying a smoke, flash, HE, OR a smoke, and 2 flashes. This is to help defend and enter the site. It is assumed that you are buying armor unless you or somebody else specifically says "I have nades", or "Jimmy, buy nades". Goal number one is to plant the bomb. Goal number two is to win the round. The person/people with no armor should NOT be leading an rushes or peeks

NOTE: REMEMBER, the bomb NEVER peeks. If you have the bomb and you want to peek, drop it or give it to somebody else. There is no circumstance where the enemies should see the bomb. It doesn't matter if they see 4 people, they shouldn't know where bomb is until its planted or during a rush.

Second Round:
If you planted the bomb and lost, it is okay to small buy (smg/shotgun/galil/scout) but you don't have to. If you are confident that you will win, definitely do it. On a map that is T sided, I would recommend it.
If you did not plant the bomb and lost, do not buy.
If you won the round, definitely small buy. If one person is saving for an awp, a p250/cz-75/deagle armor is good. Only one person should be saving for an awp, even if more people want to awp.

Third Round:
If you won the first two rounds, upgrade. Your enemies will be.
If you lost pistol and won the second round, it is okay to save your weapons. Your enemies will be saving.
If you lost both two rounds, buy this round. Full buy. If somebody can afford an awp and armor, buy an awp and give it to the best awper. The person receiving an awp will drop a rifle for the person who dropped the awp. Everybody else should be full buying with a rifle and nades.
If you won pistol and lost second round, you'll need to save.

Any round after this:
Everybody needs to be able to buy or you should be saving as a team. Everything happens as a team. You are no longer an individual, but a group. You wouldn't let one person starve if somebody else had enough food. And you wouldn't let the whole team starve just because you can eat all you want. You need $4700 to be able to full buy (AK, helm, smoke, HE, 2xFlashes). If two people, for example, have $3000 and $7500, the person with $3000 should be buying armor and nades, and the person with $7500 should full buy and drop an AK for the other person. If everybody can full buy and one person can full buy w/ galil or scout, you should consider this. It is dependent on how the match is going though.

Counter-Terrorists:

First Round:
There should be a kit at both sites. I like to have 1 person with kit/smoke, 1 person with kit/flash/flash, 2 people with kev, 1 person with p250/smoke/flash. It doesn't really matter, but nobody should have $800 at the end of the round.

Second Round:
CT guns are more expensive than terrorist guns.
If you won first round, buy smg/shotguns and armor/nades.
If you lost pistol round, save. If it is a CT sided map like de_nuke, buy pistol/armor and split nades up across the team. 1 smoke at a site, 2 flashes at a site. If 2 people are playing ramp, and 1 person has $800 more, they should be buying all 3 nades.

Third Round:
If you lost the first two rounds, buy up. Full buy M4/armor/nades/kit. On de_dust2, there shouldn't be an awper trying to pick t-spawn. There terrorists have a huge advantage and it's really detrimental losing a player that early in the round.
If you won pistol and lost second round, full save and buy next round.
If you won both rounds, upgrade to big rifles.

Any round after this:
You need $5300 to buy an M4A1-S/helm/kit/smoke/HE/2xFlash. You need $5500 to buy an M4A4 instead of an M4A1-S. The same thing applies. If you all cannot afford rifles, armor, and nades; you should not be buying. It doesn't matter if you are starting to get mad or starting to lose, force buying and buying by yourself will only screw everybody else over, and piss them off too. So don't do this.

If there needs to be any clarification, let me know and I'll fix it.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 13:39 

I disagree with buying armor first round as terrorists, unless you're expecting to be nade stacked. The CT starter pistol one-shots with a headshot, so you should expect your enemy to be attempting for headshots instead of body shots. You should focus on putting yourself in advantageous positions (the glock doesn't have the range, accuracy, or damage of the p2000, so you really have to work on closing the distances to where you can circle strafe and spam so your greater bullet count will be the difference in the firefight). Heck, even if you're expecting a nade stack, you should be able to slow play and avoid the stack.

On CT side, though, I could see the advantage, because the glock doesn't deal that type of head-shot power and also does even less damage against armor. The trade-off is that a full CT buy costs more than a full T buy, so you won't be able to full buy as quickly if you happen to lose.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 13:54 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
glock, p2000, and usp-s are all 1 shot headshots with no head armor and not really far away

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 14:10 

Quote:
glock, p2000, and usp-s are all 1 shot headshots with no head armor and not really far away
The glock does not one-shot from any appreciable distance. (I just tested it from the bottom of the ramp in T spawn to a bot spawned in the middle of the T spawn area, and it took two headshots to kill him.) Its accuracy is also lower so it's less likely that you would even get one-shot from a range close enough to one shot in the first place. I think saying that the glock has one-shot power is disingenuous and ignores the situations in which you'll find yourself with just a glock.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 14:51 

It does... I'm uploading a video now. [ON D2] If you are rushing b, a rushing glock will overpower a p2000 or usp-s. if you are rushing long, a glock shouldn't stand a chance against a long range p2000 or usp-s.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 14:51 

I like this thread..... and healthy discussion is good.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 15:05 

[youtube][/youtube]

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 15:27 

That's so close range! Didn't you see the third guy you tried to shoot was too far for a headshot? If you're playing CT side right, you won't let the terrorists get that close (you wouldn't rush cat on pistol round as a CT - you'd smoke it and sit back to take advantage of the long range and high accuracy), and combine the lower accuracy of the glock, they're probably aiming for your stomach anyway (whereas a good CT will always be aiming for the head on pistol round). It makes significantly more sense for a CT to buy armor, and almost no sense for a T to buy armor.

PostPosted: 29 May 2014 15:47 

I guess this here just goes to show how much of it is preference. I still only try to HS with a glock, so it would be pointless for my opposing CT's to have armor, because I'm not aiming for it. I think CT's shouldn't buy armor because that means thats a person who can't buy a kit or nades. And CT's are stuck if the T's are rushing and there's no nades to counter the rush. They're depending purely on aim. I'd rather have the T's smoked off and flashes ready, with the CT with kevlar being the person ready to frag the entry fragger.

PostPosted: 31 May 2014 15:32 

This is a good discussion. Maybe we could test the 2 theories out during the Summer 10 man..... Have one team employ Travie's preferences and the other use Amaroq's, and see if one seems to work better.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014 14:25 

I disagree that the bomb should never peak. I think most of the time you are correct. I have watched teams show bomb on purpose, pass it off immediately and rotate. They will keep one person behind probably the person that showed the bomb. Hopefully, they will get the other team to rotate away since the bomb was spotted. I wouldn't say to use this often, but I think there are times (although rares ones) where the bomb should show itself or peak first.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014 18:15 

There's plenty of specific circumstances for when all of what I said is wrong. As a general HOW-TO, I think it is right though.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014 21:49 

exactly.