Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:07

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 06:44 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
$250,000 CSGO prize pot

NiP(16) vs Wolf(7)

Wolf did surprisingly well. I had not expected them to finish 16-7. NiP did okay. Wolf just wasn't on their level, but NiP didn't do anything spectacular.

HR(1) vs Epsilon(16)

HR is disappoint. They were playing very silly and not careful at all. Epsilons shots were on point. This is not the same Epsilon that showed up at Gfinity.

HR(16) vs Wolf(4)-ELIMINATED-

Bye bye Wolf. Wolf dropped the ball, HR didn't do anything grand. Even more disappoint that HR won a match after their 16-1 loss. Wolf is the first team to be eliminated from ESL ONE Cologne.

LC(2) vs LDLC(16)

Great job LDLC. Definitely on point. They tore threw LC and demolished their strats. I had predicted that LDLC was holding out post-bootcamp, after that display, I am convinced I was correct.

Na'vi(16) vs CW(6)

Oh god. I bet $67 on Na'vi! It's 13-5 Na'vi right now. Jeroh! You had me worrying so much pre-tournament!! Match is now over. Na'vi dominated.

Next we have LC vs CW. I'm predicting CW based on LC's extremely poor performance in their first match. Prediction: CW(16) LC(7). LC will be second team to be eliminated during Group.

LC(5) vs CW(16)

I was close with my prediction. LC really didn't do much except get dominated by CW. Nothing was surprising after their performance against LDLC. LC is the second team to be eliminated from ESL ONE Cologne.

Next is dAT vs VP and IBP vs Fnatic. I predict another domination by VP(16-2) and a close match for IBP(16) vs Fnatic(14). I honestly think it could go either way but am cheering for the NA team.

VP(16) vs dAT(7)

Overpass? Is this real life? Jeroh, you called it. It was bound to happen once, and I'm betting it'll happen again this tourney. 9-6 VP for first half. Was honestly expecting a 16-2. This is a little bit disappointing that VP isn't tearing face, but also shows opportunity to upset and have a challenger make it into quarters. VP tore apart second half on T side. After the first half, I found it really unexpected.

Fnatic(16) vs IBP(7)

Jeroh... It... happened again... de_cbble. What is happening! This was embarrassing... Half time was 9-6 Fnatic. Swag top fragged the first half for both teams (tied with olaf with 20 kills). Swag didn't get a frag the first 3 rounds of second half. Every round, IBP had 2-3 people saving and 2-3 people scouting. Wtf was that match... I hope dAT smears IBP because of this lack of effort. Betting $88 return on dAT vs IBP. JW had an awesome final round there.

IBP(16) vs dAT(6)

Cbble... Again... Oh well. Flamie is on point. Ripped apart 3rd and 4th round. Really hoping dAT pulls through. Skadoodles been making a couple decent awp shots. WHAT AM I WATCHING? dAT is playing like IBP did against Fnatic. Everybody walking through smokes and getting picked one at a time. Well that was disappoint. GG. dAT fails horribly. Eff you dAT and IBP. IBP needs to be eliminated in the next cut.

I'll be updating this post as more matches are played and finished.

EDIT: Added Na'vi vs CW
EDIT: Added LC vs CW
EDIT: Added VP vs dAT
EDIT: Added Fnatic vs IBP
EDIT: Added IBP vs dAT

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

Last edited by Traviesaurus on 14 Aug 2014 11:02, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 07:01 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So, I bet $67 on Na'vi vs CW for a $30.74 return... I got a ST AWP Electric Hive MW worth $47.... Am I doing this right? Am I winning now?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 07:11 

Adding bets and reasoning here:
The bold team is the team I bet on.

dAT vs VP. I think VP will win. I bet $7.37 on dAT for upset. Current odds are 15/85 and skewing more. Current return is $40. Justifying this bet because of the extra money gained from Na'vi bet. EDIT: Switched my bet to VP. Not trying to just throw away skins. EDIT2: I added my $60 awp to the bet for VP.

Cloud9 vs Titan. I bet $42.06 on Cloud9. I was really unsure about this bet. Cloud9 vs Titan is my match of the day. I'm rooting for our NA teams (woooo 'murca). I can't pick one team over the other. I consider this 50/50. So especially with the odds currently being 37/63 in titan's favor, I can't NOT bet on Cloud9.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 08:48 

A little ESL meta for you:

Group A:
NiP
Wolf (Eliminated)
HR
Epsilon

Tomorrow, NiP and Epsilon will play. The loser will play HR. I predict HR getting eliminated.

Group B:
LDLC
LC (Eliminated)
Na'vi
CW

Tomorrow the loser of Na'vi/LDLC will play CW. I predict CW being eliminated.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS FUN:

Group C:
VP
dAT
Fnatic
IBP

VP will beat dAT. The loser of IBP vs Fnatic will eliminated dAT. One of those 3 WILL be going home. VP, Fnatic, IBP. IBP will beat VP based on past history. Fnatic will lose to VP based on skill difference. IBP/Fnatic is a flipflop. Based on this meta, Fnatic will go home. BUT, if inferno is chosen... VP and Fnatic have tied the last 2 times they've played inferno. VP will be aware of this though, and veto inferno. I predict VP and IBP moving on, with Fnatic being eliminated.

Group D:
Dig
Vox
Cloud9
Titan

Vox will be eliminated today. Cloud9/Titan is such a close match. I am betting on Cloud9 because that's who I'm cheering for. It is too close to call. Tomorrow we'll have Dig/Cloud9 to eliminate titan from the tournament.

Quarter Finals:
Nip
Epsilon
LDLC
Na'vi
VP
IBP
Dig
Cloud9

Bye bye ESL Challengers.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 13:54 

I enjoyed reading this thread Trav with my morning coffee. Just watched the c9/Titan match live.... wow!

Here are my updated predictions now that things are shaping up a bit:

Group A:
NiP beats Epsilon
Epsilon beats HR

Group B:
Na'Vi beats LDLC
LDLC beats Copenhagen Wolves

Group C:
VP beats Fnatic
iBP beats Fnatic

Group D:
Titan beats Vox (final match of day 1)
C9 beats Dignitas
Titan beats Dignitas

If someone can come up with a reasonable way to bet against me, I'm willing to lay skins. However, I don't want someone cherry picking a match or two. I'd like to bet my entire card against yours. =D

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 13:58 

Quote:
I can't pick one team over the other. I consider this 50/50. So especially with the odds currently being 37/63 in titan's favor, I can't NOT bet on Cloud9.
Looks like the double OT match result proves that your logic was spot on.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 15:06 

that match was insane. INSANE.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014 15:26 

Match of the year. I put $50 on C9, as well. Didn't get anything that great back - a couple $35 items but no stattrack redline or anything.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014 10:17 

I had $88 return from c9 vs titan. I actually said "fuck this" when it was 14-6 titan and went and layed down. LOL

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014 13:54 

Yeah, I have now learned that you never bet against cloud 9 lol.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014 21:30 

Final Predictions:

Predicting Cloud9 wins the tournament.