Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:48

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 08:22 

n0thing's Rants: Recoil control:

Post subject: Re: Watch
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 12:38 

Awhile back I posted a thread asking members if they ever duck and fire when encountering an enemy. Everyone replied "No" and said that ducking was bad.

Apparently n0thing disagrees.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 12:45 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Awhile back I posted a thread asking members if they ever duck and fire when encountering an enemy. Everyone replied "No" and said that ducking was bad.

If you crouch when we're 1v1ing, I will click on your head. If you watch the video he says you would never actually do this. "How do you spray a moving target?" "Well, you don't. You reset and continue."

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:07 

Quote:

If you watch the video, he doesn't duck and shoot. He ducks for a split second to miss their headshot. If I remember the conversation we had with you, it was related to actually ducking and staying ducked while shooting, which is an entirely different mechanic. If that's not what you meant, I would wage everybody misunderstood you as well.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:26 

see how he points out giving up a firefight to start a new one or to change position. If you notice the time you have to realize and react is about a second. We gotta get better at that.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:36 

Quote:
If you crouch when we're 1v1ing, I will click on your head. If you watch the video he says you would never actually do this. "How do you spray a moving target?" "Well, you don't. You reset and continue."
He is not talking about never ducking and shooting. He is talking about never trying to follow a moving target with a spray pattern, but rather stopping briefly to reset... this point is independent of whether or not you are crouching or standing upright. He clearly states in the video that he likes to use ducking as a form of evasion and when spraying.
Quote:
If you watch the video, he doesn't duck and shoot. He ducks for a split second to miss their headshot. If I remember the conversation we had with you, it was related to actually ducking and staying ducked while shooting, which is an entirely different mechanic. If that's not what you meant, I would wage everybody misunderstood you as well.
True, but he also stays crouched a couple times when spraying. He mentions the difference between bursting and spraying....if you are bursting you must be moving also, if you are spraying it seems correct to duck and/or stay stationary. I have seen many pros duck, spray and hold the crouch while spraying, which is what led to my questioning in the first place.

Oh, and thanks for posting the video. You are the best at adding content to our forums.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:40 

If you are spraying, there is currently a slight benefit to crouching (this benefit did not exist when you first posited the question - at that time there was literally no advantage to crouching).

The problem with crouching is that you are condensing your mass into exactly the area that an enemy will also be spraying at, and furthermore you are bringing your head into the majority of their spray.

For these two reasons, I would currently suggest that if you are going to crouch, you only do it very quickly like he showed, and you don't just sit there crouched for the who spray.

However, given the two trade offs, I would also suggest that there is currently a very how element of personal preference involved.

Ultimately, I think you need to take into account your own play style, your strengths and weaknesses, the strengths and weaknesses of the pros who crouch, and the strengths and weaknesses of the pros who don't, the behavior of each weapon when crouched and standing, and the skill level of your opponent and how they respond to your behavior, and come to your own conclusion. What other people tell you to do can only take you so far.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 13:55 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
What other people tell you to do can only take you so far.
Wise words. We can only tell you so much. Especially when you look for reasons that we are wrong. Remember that any of us are far from a professional player. You don't crouch and spray because a pro does. You use their movement tactics and learn from their game sense. Anything to do with aim is all you.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 14:07 

Quote:
Quote:
What other people tell you to do can only take you so far.
Wise words. We can only tell you so much. Especially when you look for reasons that we are wrong. Remember that any of us are far from a professional player. You don't crouch and spray because a pro does. You use their movement tactics and learn from their game sense. Anything to do with aim is all you.
Well put by both of you. I wasn't looking for reasons that you guys are wrong. I find myself naturally crouch/spraying some of the time, but after being told that this was bad, I tried hard to prevent it. Then after watching pro matches and seeing them do the same thing, it made me question again why this wasn't acceptable.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 16:04 

he also states in his video that if you crouch during your spray and you haven't killed them after about a second and a half then you are dead. I think holding the crouch is a VERY VERY situational thing. I change my shooting style over the course of a match depending on what I am seeing. If I did a crouch shot or spray and died quickly I probably won't be doing that anymore.