Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:09

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016 20:33 

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/01/13442/

"Professional Counter-Strike is very important to us and to our community. The audience’s trust in the integrity of the sport has allowed it to grow to the point where it entertains millions of fans. To ensure that the highest level of competition continues to entertain, that integrity can never be called into question.

Back in January and early February 2015 we took action after we discovered that a small number of professional CS:GO players were engaged in match-fixing. Our decision was to ban these players indefinitely from involvement in Valve-sponsored events. To clarify, the bans for these players are permanent, and players proven to have taken part in match-fixing will be permanently banned.

As the scene grows, it’s an unfortunate reality that some individuals will seek opportunities to take advantage of their fans. We will continue to take whatever action we think is necessary to protect the entertainment value created by professional Counter-Strike, including, on occasion, terminating our relationship with individuals who have demonstrated a willingness to exploit their fans’ faith in the integrity of the sport.

While bans can be disruptive and painful to some members of the community, they are sometimes necessary. We sincerely hope that we won’t have to issue more in the future."

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016 21:47 

This literally made my day! I am so glad valve didn't back down and gave perm bans for this. It needs to be taken serious to the point that valve is taking it. Other people saying that its unfair and what not aren't seeing how it affects the legitimacy of the sport if they give any leeway. I hope they do this with cheaters next. No timed bans. Perm bans for all forms of cheating! THANK YOU VALVE!!!!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016 22:00 

They need to extend this same severity to people caught using hacks.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016 22:39 

That is basically what I was saying.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016 22:43 

+1
Perma bans for hacking.
Perma bans for match fixing.

I couldn't agree more.