Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:23

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010 03:07 

Due to the fact that the previous posting that was in this thread was very offensive, I have decided to take it off and replace it with this message:

Camping: a CoD noob's way of getting kills.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 03:49 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Was that my posting?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 05:16 

lmfao awwww but the heated discussion are always the best
we wer getting good debate hear! :\

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 07:51 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I thought it was a good debate too :( I was always taught: There is big difference between being disagreeable and having strong opinions. I have strong opinions but I still listen. I understand that campers are fag tards. I am definately not a camper. My main MW2 classes are:
1) Intervention +FMJ, Javalin/AT4-HS (depending on my level), semtex/claymore (level again), scavenger, stopping power, steady aim
---------I find this to be a pretty solid camping class except when ppl get past my claymore then i'm effed if i miss my quick scope
2) M16 +red dot, spaz +grip, semtex, marathon, lightweight, steady aim
---------To me its a solid running class but if i find im in the middle of some distance fire i rip domes with m16
3) ump/mp5 +rapid fire (dont rly use), usp/m9 +fmj, semtex, marathon, lightweight, commando pro (ill probably put tac knife on this class when i unlock it instead of fmj)
---------Another good running class cuz i have my pistol out and i shoot them 3 times if they're mid range, usually 6 if they're really far, and i knife them if they're close

I understand that campers are douche bags. All i was saying is that, say somebody is camping on terminal in the back of the plane and they kill me, first thing im gonna do when i spawn is either run to the back and flash it and kill him or im not gonna go that way anymore. That's all i was trying to say. I wouldn't forget that that person is there. and for running classes or any class really, i like to put stun grenades on, not for the effect, but because you can throw them as far as you want and they only explode when they hit something, and you can chuck them around corners to see if a fags waiting for you

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 08:28 

yea i get what you mean with the whole camper thing going on
i rarely camp and when i do its for short periods of times
but i do this no matter what though
if i die and dont see a kill right after
i go back to that spot and check
exodus was saying that if theres a camper....just go and take him out....no reason to be bitching cuz all you need is one good grenade and to the back of your head he will go

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 10:48 

Yeah, it was a good discussion. I got rid of the thread because the OP had a change of heart with regards to the hostility with which he discussed specific people, but I am still down for discussing the relative merits of camping vs not camping.

If people are dumb enough to keep getting killed by somebody in the same place every single time, why not camp? It completes the objective.

But if you are camping and you die every single round without doing any damage, then you are doing something wrong. On dust yesterday, some guy kept camping CT-Spawn with an awp, and I AK'd him in the face every single round, because I knew he would be there and he was not an effective camper.

Use the strategy that works. Camping doesn't often work, but when it does, might as well utilize it.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 20:36 

What's an OP?
And was it my posting(s) that got the thread removed? I'm just wondering cuz i wasn't intending on offending anybody

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 22:02 

OP = Original poster.

There were two threads with the exact same content. This one here, Azn editted the content out (because this is a public part of the forums). He cut the content out and put it into a different thread in the member's only section.

I deleted that thread in the member's only section, at the OP's request (ie, Azn's request), because he decided that it wasn't appropriate to post it anywhere, even in a private section.

The discussion about camping vs not-camping, though, is still open.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 12:07 

I'll be honest with everyone who's a bit down by the fact that I requested my 2 posts be deleted. As you guys may know, I ABSOLUTELY HATE several people for their acts of betrayal (I won't list them because I've constantly mentioned them before) and my original post was aimed straight at one of those people just for my hatred towards that person (it wasn't because of the fact that he/she was a camper but just straight up, my hatred for them.) Yes it was childish of me to post up a rant just because of my hatred and if you want to judge me by it, then go for it. I will not hold you against it. I was ready to finally bury the hatchet with the person but he, yet again, betrays Anubis' and Serial's trust. And those who betray the trust of my friends also betrays me.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, camping is strategic ONLY in certain scenarios. To me, in TDM games, snipers are ALWAYS given the benefit of camping because it's their job to be support from long range. Camping in TDM matches with any other weapons is just NOOBISH to me and it just goes to show that you have no skill other than to wait for a kill to come to you unexpectedly.

Camping in Search & Destroy games is strategic for all players, regardless of their role. Search & Destroy is basically Plant/Defuse in CZ. If bomb is dropped, then the opposing team's tactic is to keep an eye on the bomb so that their enemy can't accomplish the mission.

Free For All matches should FORBID camping at all times. Getting kills in a Free For All match is easy since there are plenty of opportunities to get at least 1 kill. If, for some crazy ass reason, you can't get at least 1 kill in an FFA match, I recommend you go into combat training and hone your skills some.

I don't HATE camping all together but I hate it when people utilize it in such noob-ish ways. In Zoinks' case, it was BEYOND NOOB. First off, it was HARDCORE TDM; meaning it usually takes only 1 well-placed round to kill your enemy and this gives you plenty of opportunities to get kills. If you watch both my view on the Nuketown match and his view on the same Nuketown match, you'll see that MOST of the people in the match went out to look for kills and some noobs decided to camp for kills. I've posted up a gameplay of me playing in the map Launch and that video clearly shows MY way of playing strategically and cautiously.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 21:23 

In regards to the camping is good if your a sniper but if you have any other gun its noobish:

I demolish children and adults with any sniper rifle, assault rifle, or LMG long range. Lets put this in a scenario:
We are playing.... highrise and there is a sniper camping on the top of the crane like those fags who think they're good do. I run along "la-te-da-te-day" and "brrapppp" i shot him in the face (i do this often). He's clearly dead and, LOOK AT THAT! His sniper landed on the crane so i can pick it up! So i drop my usp (ripping machine) and i have an assault rifle and a sniper. Oh noes, my sniper is out of ammo and I'm all the way up here. I'll just rip people from up here with my assault rifle. Is this good camping or bad camping to you? I am playing the exact role of a sniper, except I am using a different gun. I guarantee that I can kill more people in a shorter time sitting up there with an assault rifle then anybody you know with a sniper. Guarantee! Good camping or bad? I'm not sitting waiting for ppl to run around the corner I'm hiding behind, I'm out in the open but at the same time I'm not moving an inch

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 21:30 

The whole argument about camping unless sniping is somewhat irrelevant...

If you are a CT you should CAMP your bombsites, or the bomb if it is down.. (for CZ) or cs 1.6

If you are a t, you will camp the bombsite after being planted of camp by your hosties...

Now in deathmatch type games. Camping is unacceptable. You should run around have fun and kill people... same for gungames and other type similar to said above..

I havent played the new CoD yet... I intend to. I am sure there are objectives and whatnot that at times may call for me to camp with a rifle or any gun I may have at the time. I am not a natural camper hoping to higher my frags though..

by the way...
LOVE ya