Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:09

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Rise of Immortals
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012 14:14 

http://www.riseofimmortals.com

Some may have seen this free-to-play game on steam. I'm absolutely in love with it. Its a real-time strategy game where you choose your "immortal"(hero), and you on a team of 2-5 people (or even by yourself). Your different Immortals have different perks, one may be keen at sniping with magic from afar, or another may be an all up-in-your face brute that will pound anybody who gets close.

The level of simplicity in this game is fairly low. Basically, there is three "lanes" which, if you look at the image below, you'll see is the top/left, middle, and bottom/right lane.
Attachment:
map_5v5_550px.jpg
map_5v5_550px.jpg [ 90.38 KiB | Viewed 3782 times ]

All of those red-or blue-shiny sparkly things are towers. Basically, your team is trying to destroy all of the other teams towers. In between some of the towers, where you see the wood-sy area is a bunch of mini-bosses that you can hunt to gain levels and experience quickly. Anyway, your team typically splits into two groups of two, and a lone player throughout the lanes. Accompaning your Immortal are the "grunts"-or Creeps-of the game whom travel the lanes sticking to the lines. Your job is to help your Creeps kill the other teams Creeps. Eventually, you will run into a enimie/group of enimies. This is where it gets interesting.

Every character is 100% unique. This game did a GREAT job of that. No immortal is like another. They all have a different look, feel, and abilites. This makes the game *that* much more challenging and fun. So, when fighting another Immortal, it gets hectic. You will use your abilities (each Immortal has 5) to try and kill the enimies. Your teammates will accompany you. Lets take this pair,for example: Tzai and Nethurgist. Tzai is a powerhouse whos fast, but squishy(a term meaning low defense and HP), and then theres Nethurgist a all-Magic based Immortal who doesnt even contemplate going in close. Nethurgist might stun the opponet while Tzai uses a flying kick to get to them in the matter of a second or two, then Tzai will bind them useing a Flurry and Nethurgist will continue casting spells. Within 5 seconds your enimie is dead. Rarely, however, does it work out that nice.

Usually they have backup as well, so you quite frequently spend your time simply trading kills and nothing more. Anyways, say you push the other team back, kill the enimies on your lane, and so on. Then you and your Creeps will begin destroying the enimie towers, which HURT. They kill your Creeps in two hits, and you in just a few more.

The game ends when all towers have been destroyed. Simply huh? No. A typical 5v5 match of this game has NO problems lasting anywhere from 30-45 minutes on AVERAGE, and if both teams are solid, work together well, teams then the match may take absolutely an incredible amount of time in the vicinity of a couple hours.

As the game goes your Immortals level up in game-up to level 20, and this resets every game, although you have a permanent level as well that helps your default stats, but not by a very significant degree-and you level up your five abilities as well although you dont have access to your ultimate until your "permanent" level increases. These levels also increase your mp/hp. This is where the Creeps/mini-boses that hide in the forest come in. You obviously want to avoid confrontation with any and all Immortals if possibe, so the way to level up quickly is to take out the Creeps/Mini Bosses. Be careful though, you may laugh at their numbers and think your so much cooler, but they pack a SERIOUS punch.

To compliment your Immortal you also have a shop where you can buy items. This way, our friend from earlier-Nethurgist-can buy himself some armor that gives him a bit of density. Or Tzai can buy something that ups his critical hit chance. Or maybe you want to run faster? Or have regenerating hp/mp? The possibilites are endless.

Im serious when I say, this game is very complex and fun and amazing. Im in love. Its much better than LoL or WoW or even Sword of the New World-a game I thought I was absolutely in love with when I found out I hate WoW.

If you want a brief preview of the Immortals you can check http://riseofimmortals.com/immortals

Its the best free to play game Ive ever played. No doubt about it-well unless you count Torrents, but I mean free-to-download-minus the pirate part-game Ive ever played. I would easily pay $40 for the game, $60 may be a stretch, but Im still new and this game only gets better with time.

Im a greedy bitch-arnt we all?-so if I could ask one favor, that being that before you make an account you let me send you a link that gives me free coins cause I reffered you. Or if you dont wanna help thats kk too.

Post subject: Re: Rise of Immortals
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012 14:38 

The 3v3 Map

Attachment:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 7.25 KiB | Viewed 3780 times ]

The 1v1/2v2 Map I couldnt find an image for, but Imagine two circles on the end with a line connecting them. Boo yah. And then theres the shrine in both the circles and two towers-one for each team-on their respective ends of the line connecting to the team base.

Post subject: Re: Rise of Immortals
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012 01:41 

this actually does look pretty fun, so I am gonna download it and try it. good review!