Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024 03:06

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Final Fantasy 13
PostPosted: 12 May 2010 16:05 

This game has to be the worst RPG I have ever played. For starters The game is the most linear RPG I have ever played, There is no world to explore or a way to level up your character if you chose to do so. There are no random encounters, which was good in previous versions if you were having trouble beating a boss you could "power Level". Final Fantasy 12 got away from what the franchise was about as far as gameplay but it did that in a good way. This final fantasy just butchers the whole idea of final fantasy. There is a limited number of enemys that you can fight and there is never a surprise as to when you will fight an enemy. You also only control your character and can only give your party instructions as to the way they should fight or support you.

The only semi-cool feature of the game is the way you level up. There is a grid of different abilitys and carreers, and you chose on which path you want to go down to upgrade your character in different ways. However as I said before you can only level up to a certain point in every area because there is a limited amount of enemys.

Final Fantasy was always a franchise that developed the story slowly (which wasnt a bad thing in previous versions) but Final Fantasy 13 takes it to a whole new level. You only control 1 person at a time but you control about 4 or five characters throughout the game. It takes about 10 hours of gameplay to get any type of backround story on the characters you play. This turns most anyone off right away as the game does not get interesting until hours and hours of gameplay. Also the names of different enemy factions areas and names are similar and it is difficult to understand what the story is about unless you read the booklet entirely and get a small idea of a backstory.

In Conclusion this is the worst Final Fantasy game I have ever played and I dont know if the franchise can be resurected after such a horrible game was released. If Final Fantasy wants to get back to the glory days of when they were considered by far the best RPG on console they have to scrap Final Fantasy 13 completly and rebuild from the ground up. I would not suggest anyone to purchase this game at retail price. If you want to play to see if I am exagerating you should rent it first from gamefly,blockbuster.Hollywood video etc..

I would rate this game a 3 out of 10......Only that high because I like the leveling up feature and the fighting engine, but I would like it better if you could switch between your party and control more than 1 person.

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 13
PostPosted: 12 May 2010 17:24 

wow, I was always a fan of final fantasy but haven't played in several years. That is sad to hear they have taken such a turn for the worse. This doesn't sound like one I would even want to try to play, much less own.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010 21:49 

I've played every (or almost all) Final Fantasy game and none of them can equal the awesomeness of Final Fantasy VII. VII had an amazing storyline, complex characters, an awesome battle system, a very intuitive way to make your characters stronger via the Materia system, and uber bosses. Every Final Fantasy after VII was getting either too corny, the battle system sucked, or the characters were too........emo-ish. I haven't tried FF XI because it's an MMORPG and I don't wanna spend money monthly for an account. But yeah, the best Final Fantasy TO ME was VII (that's "7" in Roman Numerals lol)

PostPosted: 19 May 2010 17:12 

7 was good and 8 was also good I liked 10 also. 7 is good with a good story line and leveling system. I also havent played 11 cause I dont pay per month for something I already payed for (which is why I own ps3 not xbox). 1,2,3,7,8,10,12,and crisis core(PSP) are good final fantasy games everything else was dissapointing and 13 was just plain awfull.