Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:36

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Review: Archeage
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2014 12:41 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Archeage is a new, Free-to-play (f2p) MMORPG created by Trion on the CryEngine 3. It was released on September 16th and has had huge success. If you like MMORPG's, I recommend giving this a try.

Archeage allows you to choose between 4 races split up on 2 continents (this is only relevant when you are starting off). The Elves and Nuians vs the Firrans and Hirani. I chose Firran for my first run through, which is a cat-like being similar to a Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls. You will select 3 of 10 classes to help define your player. Each 3 possibilities has a specific name. For example, I chose Archery, Defense, and Shadowplay and my character was called "A stone arrow". There are 120 possible combinations. I then switched out Defense for Songcraft and he became a "Ebonsong". The amount of things you can customize is amazing. Just like the best MMORPG's, you can change any feature on your face, you can combine look/stats of armors and weapons, you have an almost endless customizability (making up words! Yes!) of so many features. And I'm only just starting the game.

The F2P factor comes in with something called "Labor Points". For example, you need to use 5 Labor Points to mine an Iron Ore. You get 5 Labor Points per 5 minutes when you are online. It sounds like a small amount, but I constantly am finding myself needing to use the points as to not max out. If you chose to subscribe, you get 15 Labor Points every 5 minutes, whether you are online or not, and you have a higher Labor Point cap. I'm sure these will be more necessary later on in the game when crafting and professions have more dominance. I am still just running through the story and leveling up.

Here is how I rate Archeage:

Character Customization: 10/10 Every option is there
Graphics: 7/10 The graphics are at MMO quality, but it has poor optimization and runs REALLY hot at high settings. I run at 75 Celsius on Low (HD 6850)
Story: 8/10 I am only partially through but I love the story and lore so far.
Overall: 8/10 This is comparing the game to other MMORPG's like WoW, GW2, and ESO.

Let me know if I should rate more features about it.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

Post subject: Re: Review: Archeage
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2014 09:19 

I kinda ragequit MMO! But thx for the Review.. ^^