Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:41

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: ESEA
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 16:10 

Well, I purchased a month of ESEA, and I was extremely disappointed. It is only seven dollars a month, but I would never buy it again. Here is why:

1. The players aren't that great. ESEA's main pull is that if you play ESEA you will play with the best people in the world. If that's the case, then the best players in the world are pathetic. While I don't totally own, I don't see players that are any better than players I can find in any pub. They are slightly more frequent, but no better.

2. Most of the people in ESEA are small children. They will belittle, berate, and pick on you for no reason at all. They will call their own teammates useless or noobs and will cuss out the other teams. They will turn even forum posts into mindless, childish quarrels. You can see, I posted this thread here with legitimate suggestions and actually got about -10 karma just from that one post. Petty, stupid, and pretty indicative of the type of people you will see on a regular basis in ESEA. Basically, most of the people there are little bitches.

3. People care too much about their stats. I played in a pug the other day on dust2 where no matter how many of my CT teammates were alive and how close they were to the bomb, when the bomb was planted they ran away and hid. People will abandon their teammates in the middle of a firefight specifically for the purpose of having them die so they can try to clutch and mop up all the kills. The stat system actually makes team work almost nonexistent.

4. The servers suck. ESEA buys pretty low-quality servers. Most clans have better pubs. Hit registry is non existent.

Bottom line: Poor servers, poor players, poor atmosphere, poor attitude, poor organization. Would not buy again.

Post subject: Re: ESEA
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 17:07 

yeah I won't lie I think its a giant piece of shit and a waste of time. If you have 5 people or more that want to create a team and play on there then its worth it. You can always find a scrim and can practice out any stats you want. However, there is no guarantee that because your strat worked that it will work in a real match, because the players you play in ESEA are totally unrealistic. 99 percent of the time no one will actually respond to something you tell them, and if they even have the slightest perception that they know more than you, they will belittle you and generally go on and on about how much they know and how better they are then you. Oh and they probably have been on 50 teams better than yours. Its seriously one of the biggest jokes I have ever been a part of. I would personally like to take a tooth brush and stab the person who created ESEA to death. I would get great joy from this and would record it for all to see.

This aside, if you have 5 people and just want to scrim a lot then its good for that. The hit registry is hit or miss because their servers are complete garbage. The stat system is a piece of shit because it forces players to do things they wouldn't normally do in a match or scrim JUST to get points. Team work......there isn't any of that. Communication...good luck at getting someone to say anything that isn't an insult.

I agree with Anubis on the quality of the players. I have yet to find players that are God like as I have heard it put. Some of the players shoot better than others, however just because you can AWP really well, doesn't mean shit in my book. Until you can shoot the other weapons like you do the AWP then don't bother talking to me. I was actually told by someone that buying an MP5 is a waste of time and if thats all you can afford you should save....... I actually laughed out loud when I heard this. How do you even respond to stupidity of that caliber. If you know how to shoot an mp5 then its a very good gun. You get your ak or m4 and I'll take my mp5 and I will headshot you from across the map and then we can talk lol. I am very unsatisfied with the way ESEA is ran. Oh well.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 23:05 

lol i was like wtf when i heard the same being said about the mp5
its a good gun if you got your headshots down
i even think it came from someone in the team didnt it?
if not i must be on something...

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010 11:35 

Quote:
lol i was like wtf when i heard the same being said about the mp5
its a good gun if you got your headshots down
i even think it came from someone in the team didnt it?
if not i must be on something...
Lol yeah, I remember that. Like any gun, it sucks if you don't know how to shoot it. But its stopping power and the extreme ease with which you can control its recoil make it quite deadly in skilled hands.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 18:24 

And, for the third month in a row, ESEA has stolen money from me. I have followed their cancellation requirements to the T, and they still continue to take money from me every single month. Which sucks, because once you've paid for a month, they won't refund it; and you don't know they're going to be illegal dick heads and take money from you until they actually do it.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 18:57 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I actually quite enjoy ESEA D:

I like how you can pug any time you want or scrim whenever you want. They have aim maps and fun maps and everything. I mute people who i don't want to listen to whine. I guess its because I enjoy and excel playing competitively so the option to be able to scrim when ever i wanted to definitely appealed/appeals to me. Its a good place to practice your skills in a controlled environment rather than a pub in my mind

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 19:05 

Yeah, I could have just muted people, but that seems to defeat the purpose. You're supposed to be able to join up a pug and actually have team members.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010 01:30 

sometimes its better to lone wolf it
you wer the one telling me join you in the ESEA a while back right exo?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010 01:34 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Probably not because mine ran out like 7 months ago and I don't think I knew yuu before that lmao

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014 12:00 

Got BitCoins?

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014 20:56 

Fuck man, resurrecting a dead thread much XD 4 years old! I was reading this and was confused why serial was talking about an MP5 at all lmao. And then I read my comment and was confused... "I haven't read this, how did I comment?" LOL

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 06:49 

It's a really old thread, and yet most of my points still stand. Good job evolving! Not.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 13:25