Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:17

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: [Headset] Logitech G35
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012 12:18 

As many of you know, I recently upgraded my computer all out. (Still gotta post the pictures...) One of the things I got as part of my upgrade was a new headset, since I had been using one I got my sophomore year of college. I upgraded to the Logitec G35 Surround Sound Headset. The website lists them for $108.99 but I purchased them for $89.99 on sale at newegg.

What I like
I really like the macro keys on the headset. I haven't really found much use for them yet, but it's nice that they are there. I can imagine I'll be able to find a use for them eventually.

I really like how the volume control is on the side of the ear cup, and it's a dial. All I need to do is spin the wheel to raise or lower the volume, instead of clicking a button. I much prefer analog volume controls.

The sound is amazing, and the microphone is very clear.

The microphone mutes when it is folded up.

It comes with software that allows you to create audio profiles. For example, you can have one default profile that has well-equalized levels for the best music-listening experience, but you can set it so that when you run a game exe it normalizes the levels for the best gaming experience.

You can turn off dolby 7.1 surround sound with the slide of a ... slider located right on the ear cup.

The ear cups go around the ear, so they are very comfortable. They are nice and soft, so I can wear them with my glasses on with no trouble.

What I don't like
The headset is fairly heavy. It was actually giving me headaches for the first few days, but I guess I've strengthed up and gotten used to it by now. But I still have to remember not to lean my head back or forward too far or the extra weight will cause them to fall out.

They block out a ton of exterior noise. This might be a plus for some people, but I really like being able to put only my game's audio through my headset and having things like music or ventrilo coming through my speaker. I can't really do that anymore, and I had to adjust to having more stuff come through the headset.

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2012 17:32 

I really want this headset. I still haven't used it yet.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 12:14 

I'll hijack another one of your reviews here with what I use. :D Says for Xbox but I'm using it on a Mac.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbo ... e-x12.aspx

Great sound. Built in amp with controls.

Edit: Pretty comfortable too. I've worn them for probably 4 hours at a shot.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 14:24 

I hate when a company has a Reviews button and all it does it show reviews from other companies. that doesn't mean shit to me. If it isn't actual customer reviews then they are completely worthless.

*side note* turtle beach stuff is awesome I would love to try some out.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 14:40 

I pretty much will only use reviews from amazon. Newegg too I suppose. The X12s are very highly rated on both. Same with my mouse, actually.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 02:21 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I've tried out my friends turtle beach headset for ps3. FUCKING AWESOME. I could hear EVERYTHING

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.