Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 06:43

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013 07:57 

Some of you may remember Jero's post about Razer malware. In addition to this, I had to RMA my mouse I bought less than a year ago. About a week ago, I sent in the RMA request. They told me that since I was RMAing it, I could just cut the cord on the mouse, take a picture of it (with the serial number plainly visible), and they could just send me a new one. I could do this in lieu of mailing it in, for quicker service. Today I got an email saying I had to mail in the mouse with its cut cord. So I have to pay shipping to return a mouse that clearly doesn't work anymore, and probably won't get it until two weeks after initially RMAing it.

Long story short, I'll probably be staying away from razer products from now on.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2013 15:34 

Quote:
Some of you may remember Jero's post about Razer malware. In addition to this, I had to RMA my mouse I bought less than a year ago. About a week ago, I sent in the RMA request. They told me that since I was RMAing it, I could just cut the cord on the mouse, take a picture of it (with the serial number plainly visible), and they could just send me a new one. I could do this in lieu of mailing it in, for quicker service. Today I got an email saying I had to mail in the mouse with its cut cord. So I have to pay shipping to return a mouse that clearly doesn't work anymore, and probably won't get it until two weeks after initially RMAing it.

Long story short, I'll probably be staying away from razer products from now on.
I'M SO SICK OF EVERYONE BEING JEALOUS OF MY RAZER MOUSE WITH 12 BUTTONS. 12 BUTTONS. DEAL WITH IT.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013 11:23 

I currently have a problem with my razer deathadder drivers. The sensitivity settings won't save. I close the "Customizer" and the sensitivity gets reset.

I emailed support about the issue, but I could only choose three options for the subject of my inquiry: "Razer Game Booster Beta", "Razer Comms Beta", and "Razer Synapse 2.0". There was no option for support with earlier drivers.

So I prefaced my email with "This is NOT an issue with synapse, but it was the closest choice I could make. This is an issue with the Razer Deathadder Driver version..."

Their response: Try uninstalling and reinstalling Synapse.

My response: This is NOT an issue with synapse. It's an issue with driver version...

Their response: Try using synapse instead.

GG Razer.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013 11:44 

yeah, they make some of the best mice ever.....but their customer support is comcast's little bastard child or something.

PostPosted: 30 May 2013 11:16 

The new razer mouse I got is already breaking. Serial's from three years ago is still going strong. They must have changed the way they build their mice recently or something, because this one's left clicking is also starting to fail just like the one I RMA'd a few months ago. Once again I just wanted to suggest not getting a razer mouse.