Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:24

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: [Case] Couger Evolution
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012 11:15 

I bought the Cougar Evolution as the case for my build. I almost got a different one, but I am very glad I didn't. I bought it on sale at newegg for $89.99.

What I like
It's made almost entirely of a metal mesh. Air flows through it so well and temperatures are very easy to keep low. Right now my cpu is at 27 degrees C, which is only about 10 degrees hotter than air temperature right now.

It was intuitively built. Instead of those impossible-to-replace side panels that slide on in that ridiculous fashion where you are always guarunteed that one corner didn't quite line up correctly, these side panels sort of hinge at one corner and come right off with no troubles. Getting them back on was the easiest thing I've ever done. They also have support for lots of fans, and we stupidly forgot to put the fans in the case before putting in the loaded-down motherboard, so it was almost impossible to reach one of the fans to screw it in. But, they thought of that too! The top, bottom, front, and back panels can be unscrewed with quick release screws, so there was no trouble at all!

Cable management. I'm not utilizing it to its fullest ability yet, but it's nice to have the option to hide cords and keep them out of the way of coolers or fans.

The hard drive trays allow for easy installation of new hard drives.

There are a billion PCI bays on the back in case you buy a motherboard that has a billion PCI slots.

There are two USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top for easy access.

Get this: There is a motherfucking sata bay on the top of the case so you can just plug a hard drive in for file transfer without having to open your case. You don't even need a cord - it just pops right in.

It has a fan speed control dial to control whichever fans you plug into it.

Coupled with the all-mesh design, you can also place fans in the front, side, top, bottom, and rear.

The motherboard mount plate allows easy access to a cpu cooler.

Bottom mounted power supply.

What I don't like
If I accidentally spill or drop something, it's going straight through the case and ruining my parts. I have to be super careful around it because of the mesh design.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012 11:57 

I must say, it is one sexy case. I love my case as well, but her's is pretty damn nice.