Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:37

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013 22:26 

Today, I got my care package from Samsung (a free flip case + 6 NFC tags) and I was playing around with 1 of the NFC tags and it got me interested in the Square Wallet app (it's an app that links to your credit card account and you can use your phone to pay for small things like a Starbucks coffee.) My question to you guys is: "Will we be seeing more NFC options to use to replace our plastic credit cards or is the world still not ready to use something like Square Wallet and Google Wallet?" I'm in the middle about all this. It would make paying for stuff fast but phone security isn't mature enough to keep intruders out of our phones. If the developers of these apps can implement stronger security options then I'd definitely try it out.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2013 00:16 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
What's a NFC Tag?

I think having all these things integrated with your financial side of things is a bad idea. To me it just puts everybody closer to having RFID chips and everybody just being numbers. Even if they improve phone security, if you lose your phone all somebody has to do is figure out your password. I feel more comfortable with credit card security than I do with what phone security can even become.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2013 12:03 

Quote:
What's a NFC Tag?
http://kimtag.com/s/nfc_tags