Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:24

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Badaboom Video Converter
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010 16:51 

After being absent for about a month, I figured it was time for me to review another piece of software I came across. As you guys know, I make gaming vids and coming across a decent converter is hard. I've used Windows Media Encoder, which is a nice program but for some dumbass reason, decided to give me the middle finger. Then I was using a program called Any Video Converter (Professional edition) and this program worked well but didn't actually compress my videos to a size that I was happy with. Now I've come across Badaboom and I am very impressed. With normal video converters, it uses the CPU to do all the converting. However, with Badaboom, instead of your CPU, it uses your Nvidia card (yes, only Nvidia cards work with Badaboom.) The upside to this is that the conversion time is cut down A LOT (I was doing a 720p conversion from a 4gb file and it only took a max of 3 minutes.) If you're using an Nvidia card that's an 8800gt or newer, then your card can support Badaboom. The reason for the speedy conversion time is that it uses your stream processors (CUDA cores, whatever you want to call them.) Since mine has 192 stream processors, the conversion time is outstanding. So, the more stream processors you have, the faster the conversion time.

The quality is very satisfying even though I lowered to 1280x720 for the conversion (my native resolution is at 1680x1050.) So, from the looks of it, I'll be able to convert videos faster and probably will post them up earlier now that Badaboom offers incredible conversion speeds. I highly recommend this program for anyone that does heavy video conversions. Only downside to Badaboom is that it isn't free...which sucks...but can't be helped.