Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:40

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014 23:26 

I talked about it with serial and even though I put my money up for it the last two times, I might do it again... With the update to 1.8 on September 1st a whole lot has changed ... There is now a world border! This can't be controlled to either expand or contract with varying degrees of settings ... it can cause epic pop scenarios of even more epic mini games ... I'm only gonna put this up again if people actually want to play and I don't mean whenever they feel like it or they're bored ... I felt very disappointed that my fellow clan members didn't or couldn't find time to enjoy another game other than counterstrike ... it seemed pretty close minded and shameful after everything that is said about being a clan that enjoys playing multitudes of games ... If it's not that popular then I'm not going to waste my time ... I got into it because I enjoy doing things with other clan members I did rust too but when people refused to share in the gaming I called it quits with that POV so I need to know who is genuinely interested ... I don't need to hear oh its got to be vanilla or survival ... etc ... I need to know the general interest ... keeping mind that this, according to serial will most likely be used on the next 24 hr stream for charity ... so for me this isn't a joking topic it's going to be used for a good cause ultimately ... I need to know who's involved and who's not...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014 23:28 

I will do, thought I will give it MUCH MUCH less time than counter strike. I have been devoting most of my gaming to it since we have been doing cevo, and I will probably continue doing so. Like I said I can do it, but I may not even join every single day, but I'll try to get on some every other day or so.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014 23:33 

Most of us choose Counter-Strike over all games. It is our main game of interest. I will not dedicate most of my time to Minecraft. I will only play it here and there. I WILL play it for the 24 hour stream. I WILL not play minecraft day in and day out. Its just not going to happen.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 06:34 

I don't have minecraft.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 06:39 

I think it would be good for 24 hr streams(in my case anyway) because that's the only thing I can stream without my fps imploding

But anyway, since Ill probably be away for a month I wouldn't be able to participate

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 09:08 

I'm not asking for an everyday thing from people ... but if all the servers that are paid for for the clan, all the go servers, were fully paid and everyone chose to go to another clan servers instead of ours then I'm pretty sure anubis and serial and anyone that donates regularly would be pretty upset ... All I'm saying is those two months I had the server paid for after everybody interested said get a bigger server more server slots ... etc nobody showed except mutiny and Redman ... I was pretty bummed by that... I would have appreciated it if people at least came in once .... I wasn't asking for total devotion to mine craft in fact I knew it wasn't going to be a big success in AM ... but after the purchase and setup of the server ... I was hoping to see some favorite people on the server because it was a great undertaking that I had no experience in and I learned so I could say "hey I did this" I'm not some world class programmer or designer ... he'll I still learn new stuff everyday for me it was a tribute to all my fellow clan members as a sign that I want to learn and grow and spread the AM name it wasn't just about some specific game ... it was about something I considered hard work and dedication to not only myself but to you guys as well...

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 09:15 

:(

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 12:39 

I refuse to pay $20 to a game that has no platform (Steam or Origin). This is why I don't have MineCraft.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 13:19 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
This is what I tried to say in mumble yesterday. You say:
Quote:
it was a great undertaking that I had no experience in and I learned so I could say "hey I did this" I'm not some world class programmer or designer
But then you try to make people feel guilty for not wanting to play. You did it for yourself, which is good. But you can't expect people to want to join you in it. That's just not fair.

It wasn't running properly. I told you that from the start you need a huge server for the mods you wanted. So the upgraded slots was negligible since you needed more RAM. I won't play in a server that is laggy, what's the point. I also won't play in a server that I have to download mods. I like minecraft for the survival feature and the fact that you risk everything on Hardcore mode. I play single player, hardcore, big build survival. If anybody started a server like that, I'd gladly join.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 13:27 

Quote:
I refuse to pay $20 to a game that has no platform (Steam or Origin). This is why I don't have MineCraft.
This is the strangest reasoning I have ever heard. You basically won't pay for DRM-free games?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 14:25 

Quote:
Quote:
This is the strangest reasoning I have ever heard. You basically won't pay for DRM-free games?
Yeah I can't stand Mojang's interface. Had it been on steam I would be all over it.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 14:27 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Yeah I can't stand Mojang's interface. Had it been on steam I would be all over it.
All you need to do is click "Play"!!!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 14:45 

It's too hard!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 15:36 

Sorry Jester, but I only play CSGO.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 18:39 

Quote:
So you quit clan wars then? >:D

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 19:15 

Quote:
Quote:
it was a great undertaking that I had no experience in and I learned so I could say "hey I did this" I'm not some world class programmer or designer
But then you try to make people feel guilty for not wanting to play. You did it for yourself, which is good. But you can't expect people to want to join you in it. That's just not fair.

It wasn't running properly. I told you that from the start you need a huge server for the mods you wanted. So the upgraded slots was negligible since you needed more RAM. I won't play in a server that is laggy, what's the point. I also won't play in a server that I have to download mods. I like minecraft for the survival feature and the fact that you risk everything on Hardcore mode. I play single player, hardcore, big build survival. If anybody started a server like that, I'd gladly join.
The mods in question that you are referring too are to stop griefing and mod hack control against the server like remote control access it had nothing to do with client base... nobody had to download anything as I told you in mumble ... Most major servers both private and public carry things like world guard, world edit, administration over watch programs and mods. The upgrade to the server increased the ram.. As well as the player slots from 1 to 6, to 1 to 15... This wasn't meant to make you "feel guilty" regardless of how you perceive it... just as I can't make some one get mad or be sad and as it is their own personal mentality that is affected on how they perceive something... The same applies to me ... I felt disappointed that when some one in the past said Jester you should get this game or that one I at least tried if it was of interest if it wasn't I told them simply that I wasn't interested but from the beginning if someone said they would be interested as serial has often said then I took them into consideration ... for anyone to ASSUME that I was commanding them or attempting to throw a hissy fit is under their own interpretation. I do not own or control anyone here nor would I try. I was attempting to voice my opinion in a forum that would lead to conversation not argument or speculation by anyone ... Instead it has been pointed out that this seems like I am some sort of crybaby. I was interested in doing something clan based with anyone that was interested I did not need nor want anyone's analysis of my mentality or request that people gave me some detailed explanation of why they didn't want too join in. The original post outlined clearly(at least in my opinion) that serial and I discussed an idea to have another go at a mine craft server for not only clan base but event base like a 24 hr stream.. If you object then simply say I don't want involved. I don't need or want your opinion on the matter other than that since it seems it's a closed minded scenario I am facing. Serial mentioned other options and I'm fine with his suggestions but as far as ill willed opinions about my attempts to enjoy something that I like as well ... well keep them to yourselves if you don't like my ideas ... and if it seems like I'm a bit hostile right now I am... I'm tired of serial, anubis, and a very select crowd of people in the clan actually being open minded enough to have an intelligent conversation with weighing out pros and cons professionally instead of bashing down someone's ideas or viewpoints automatically... If you feel that I am talking directly to you then you maybe suffering from a guilty conscience and should probably think about how you approach people and their ideas and thoughts then you would have to feel so salty.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 19:23 

Quote:
Quote:

The mods in question that you are referring too are to stop griefing and mod hack control against the server like remote control access it had nothing to do with client base... nobody had to download anything as I told you in mumble ... Most major servers both private and public carry things like world guard, world edit, administration over watch programs and mods. The upgrade to the server increased the ram.. As well as the player slots from 1 to 6, to 1 to 15... This wasn't meant to make you "feel guilty" regardless of how you perceive it... just as I can't make some one get mad or be sad and as it is their own personal mentality that is affected on how they perceive something... The same applies to me ... I felt disappointed that when some one in the past said Jester you should get this game or that one I at least tried if it was of interest if it wasn't I told them simply that I wasn't interested but from the beginning if someone said they would be interested as serial has often said then I took them into consideration ... for anyone to ASSUME that I was commanding them or attempting to throw a hissy fit is under their own interpretation. I do not own or control anyone here nor would I try. I was attempting to voice my opinion in a forum that would lead to conversation not argument or speculation by anyone ... Instead it has been pointed out that this seems like I am some sort of crybaby. I was interested in doing something clan based with anyone that was interested I did not need nor want anyone's analysis of my mentality or request that people gave me some detailed explanation of why they didn't want too join in. The original post outlined clearly(at least in my opinion) that serial and I discussed an idea to have another go at a mine craft server for not only clan base but event base like a 24 hr stream.. If you object then simply say I don't want involved. I don't need or want your opinion on the matter other than that since it seems it's a closed minded scenario I am facing. Serial mentioned other options and I'm fine with his suggestions but as far as ill willed opinions about my attempts to enjoy something that I like as well ... well keep them to yourselves if you don't like my ideas ... and if it seems like I'm a bit hostile right now I am... I'm tired of serial, anubis, and a very select crowd of people in the clan actually being open minded enough to have an intelligent conversation with weighing out pros and cons professionally instead of bashing down someone's ideas or viewpoints automatically... If you feel that I am talking directly to you then you maybe suffering from a guilty conscience and should probably think
how you approach people and their ideas and thoughts then you would have to feel so salty.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 19:25 

Quote:
Thank you that's all I needed to hear.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 19:37 

Quote:
just as I can't make some one get mad or be sad and as it is their own personal mentality that is affected on how they perceive something

I do not own or control anyone here nor would I try.
I like how you think.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 20:38 

Quote:
Quote:
So you quit clan wars then? >:D
Haha. You mean Clash of Clans? Let me clarify.... I only play 1 game that requires me to be sitting in front of a computer. CoC I occasionally play from my phone.