Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 04:21

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 06:59 

I have added it to our 5v5, our Asylum, our Demolition server, and our Deathmatch server for playtesting.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 07:00 

Kohlifawmifon!

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 07:01 

People on reddit have already posted some major glitches and visibility issues. LOL @ Brute.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 07:22 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
People on reddit have already posted some major glitches and visibility issues. LOL @ Brute.
Eh, no worse than any other map. Remember how long its taken DUST2 to get normal XD

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 08:11 

No I don't remember that. :(

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 08:17 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
No I don't remember that. :(
How can anybody forget the pain that was the fog on d2!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 08:23 

Oh yeah. Well that was because hidden path is a bunch of retards. We can only conclude the same thing about brute when he works for years on a map and it is released like this.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014 21:39 

As a(n extremely crappy) mapmaker, this did not take 2 years. There are people who make better maps in 30 day mapmaking contests and 24 hour cram sessions. And those are ORIGINAL maps. For a port of a copy of map from years ago this is laziness at it's finest. Toscan has less bugs and yet this is what is going to get into the next operation (just speculation) because of ooohh shiny graphics. :|

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 01:26 

Quote:
Oh yeah. Well that was because hidden path is a bunch of retards. We can only conclude the same thing about brute when he works for years on a map and it is released like this.
I think that Hidden Path did the best they could. Being a small team, developing for PS3, 360 and Steam, having the major pressure of bringing Counter Strike into the new generation of people and trying to please the original fans they did pretty good. Not great or amazing. There was a things they fucked up. Stuff like the fog on every map (Aztec being the worst), performance on release (they did fix this a couple months after) and focusing on casual rather than competitive. But even with all that shit the game was good for what it was. I'm still glad Valve stepped in and fixed everything but Hidden Path laid down the ground work.

Back on topic, Brute's a dumbass for waiting 2 years to release a broken map. The map looks good, but that shouldn't matter. This is why you don't work on visuals more than gameplay design.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 06:31 

I think hidden path's original problem was releasing this game on console AT ALL EVER.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 06:34 

Quote:
I think that Hidden Path did the best they could.
I disagree. The entire CS:GO community criticized how foggy the maps were, so vocally that valve created their own _ce versions of the maps, but Hidden Path did nothing. There is no way I believe that doing nothing is the best they could do. The minute Hidden Path disengaged from the project, suddenly valve fixed the fog issues on all the maps.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 13:47 

Id really like to see anybody in the clan or a friend of the clan create a map this complicated with this many detailed textures before saying how shitty it is or concluding how long it took them to make it. It isn't like map making is Brutes full time job. The map will get fixed, fucking bash threads. it took robot 2 weeks to make de_viper he told me. With 52 times more time to make a map, it would look like de_tuscan?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 14:21 

I don't need to be a world class chef to recognize that Mac and cheese isn't hard to make. I don't need to be an expert guitarist to know what songs sound good. I don't need to even know html to know when a website looks bad. I don't need to know how to make a map to accurately criticize an existing map.

The time he spent in it doesn't matter. The product he released has problems, plain and simple.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 14:27 

Quote:
it took robot 2 weeks to make de_viper he told me. With 52 times more time to make a map, it would look like de_tuscan?
Let's see. :D
EDIT: Let's not. Goddamn it valve is breaking everything. :cry:

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014 16:14 

oh lol cause you can't open hammer, I see what you did there. I think most of the community is disappointed at how many bugs there are in it after 2 years of development. I am one of them, however I don't know if he scrapped his map more than one time during the process and had to start completely over or what. I think he should have at least put a demo out for some testing so there weren't so many bugs on the initial launch.