All users are expected to know and follow these rules. Ignorance is no excuse. Rule breakers will be dealt with at the discretion of present admin.
These rules apply in all servers.
Competitive server rules
- Play nice, and be kind to new players. Don't pick fights, don't belittle people, don't cuss people out.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia, or other harassment, including in your in-game name or your weapon skin names.
- Don't mic spam your music or your voice. People need to hear footsteps or teammate instructions.
- Don't spam chat.
- No team attacking. Even if you think your teammate is an idiot, that's no reason to shoot him.
- No hacking. If you think somebody is hacking, notify an admin.
- No map exploits, such as boosting through ceilings.
- No bitching. If you have a legitimate piece of feedback, visit http://www.absurdminds.net. Otherwise, don't just come into the server to complain. It ruins the atmosphere for everyone.
- Don't interfere with an admin attempting to do their job. If you have a concern over how a situation was handled, email email@example.com or post a thread to our admin dispute forum.
- Don't spawn kill on aim maps.
These rules apply to our competitive servers (the 5v5 and the Asylum)
1v1 server rules
- voice_enable 1 at all times. If you have a mic, use it.
- There are never bombsite restrictions and no weapon restrictions. We won't turn alltalk on or friendly fire off.
- Don't team stack. It ruins the game for both teams.
- Try to accomplish the objective. We play competitively, and if you don't want to then please find another server instead of complaining.
These rules apply to our 1v1 server.
- Don't avoid fights to let time run out. If it's a knife round, for example, don't spend the whole round running away. Expect to get slayed next round if you do this.
- Don't bitch about what guns people use. If the aug is so good, use it yourself instead of crying.
- Pretty much all the same rules apply in mumble wherever possible. In addition to mic spamming, don't join and leave channels repeatedly in an effort to spam mumble notifications, and don't spam chat messages to other mumble users or channels.
- Use the channels for their intended purposes. If you are playing a game and only talking about that game, don't sit in the lobby interrupting normal conversation with your game conversation. Likewise, if you are in a specific game channel, don't interrupt the game conversation to make random chit chat.
- Don't move people from channel to channel without their permission.
- Do not use Mumble as a place to ghost for your friends.
- You either need a push-to-talk key, or your voice activation must be so perfectly set up that nobody realizes you aren't using push-to-talk.
Admin are expected to follow these rules, too - no exceptions. If you see an admin breaking any of these rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with demos, screen pics, and/or details.