Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:11

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Server rules
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010 17:34 

All users are expected to know and follow these rules. Ignorance is no excuse. Rule breakers will be dealt with at the discretion of present admin.

General rules
These rules apply in all servers.
  • Play nice, and be kind to new players. Don't pick fights, don't belittle people, don't cuss people out.
  • No racism, sexism, homophobia, or other harassment, including in your in-game name or your weapon skin names.
  • Don't mic spam your music or your voice. People need to hear footsteps or teammate instructions.
  • Don't spam chat.
  • No team attacking. Even if you think your teammate is an idiot, that's no reason to shoot him.
  • No hacking. If you think somebody is hacking, notify an admin.
  • No map exploits, such as boosting through ceilings.
  • No bitching. If you have a legitimate piece of feedback, visit http://www.absurdminds.net. Otherwise, don't just come into the server to complain. It ruins the atmosphere for everyone.
  • Don't interfere with an admin attempting to do their job. If you have a concern over how a situation was handled, email serialp0rt@absurdminds.net or post a thread to our admin dispute forum.
Competitive server rules
These rules apply to our competitive servers (the 5v5 and the Asylum)
  • voice_enable 1 at all times. If you have a mic, use it.
  • There are never bombsite restrictions and no weapon restrictions. We won't turn alltalk on or friendly fire off.
  • Don't team stack. It ruins the game for both teams.
  • Try to accomplish the objective. We play competitively, and if you don't want to then please find another server instead of complaining.
Minecraft server rules
These rules apply specifically to our Minecraft server.
  • This server is in Survival mode. Don't use creative mode to make things easier.
  • This is a community server. Make sure your projects fit in with the overall vision of the server.
  • Don't mess with other people's things.
  • Share resources and participate in community activities (eg, if you use a bunch of stuff, help replenish it).
Mumble rules
These rules help maintain an ejoyable atmosphere in Mumble.
  • Pretty much all the same rules apply in mumble wherever possible. In addition to mic spamming, don't join and leave channels repeatedly in an effort to spam mumble notifications, and don't spam chat messages to other mumble users or channels.
  • Use the channels for their intended purposes. If you are playing a game and only talking about that game, don't sit in the lobby interrupting normal conversation with your game conversation. Likewise, if you are in a specific game channel, don't interrupt the game conversation to make random chit chat.
  • Don't move people from channel to channel without their permission.
  • Do not use Mumble as a place to ghost for your friends.
  • You either need a push-to-talk key, or your voice activation must be so perfectly set up that nobody realizes you aren't using push-to-talk.
Admin are expected to follow these rules, too - no exceptions. If you see an admin breaking any of these rules, please email serialp0rt@absurdminds.net with demos, screen pics, and/or details.

Post subject: Re: Server rules
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010 22:31 

After the rules adjustment I just want to make sure everyone is clear on the way the rules are to be handled. I want all the admin on the same page. There is no special treatment to be shown to any person whether its your friend, or your sister. I don't care who they are, or who they know...they WILL follow our rules or they will leave.

Do not come into our servers saying the server is gay or the reg blows or anything of that nature. If you don't like it frankly you can get the fuck out! No one wants to play while they have to listen to you bitch and moan about anything and everything. We expect people to come and play and enjoy themselves. If you can't have fun and let others do the same then you need to find somewhere else to play.

Admin...I expect you above all else to enforce these rules. I don't want to join the server to find you jumping on boxes or shooting in the corner while your teammate is trying to plant/defuse the bomb. Completing your objective is one of our main rules and in order to enforce that rule you need to set a good example. Anytime there are others around we should make sure to uphold our rules for people to see. Team work and communication are key. Show people that while we don't have alltalk on and money on the server you can easily work as a team and earn money by saving or if you have a lot of money buy your teammate a weapon. Do what you can to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

I will be holding a meeting with all the admin as I see them to make sure everyone is on the same page. If admin can't handle being an admin I will take away certain privileges of being an admin and ultimately if it continues remove admin from said person altogether. I would like to not do this.

Post subject: Re: Server rules
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018 17:36 

Removed 1v1 rules. Added Minecraft rules:

Minecraft server rules
These rules apply specifically to our Minecraft server.
  • This server is in Survival mode. Don't use creative mode to make things easier.
  • This is a community server. Make sure your projects fit in with the overall vision of the server.
  • Don't mess with other people's things.
  • Share resources and participate in community activities (eg, if you use a bunch of stuff, help replenish it).