Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:57

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 16:07 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
When I get home I'm going to make an in-depth, written lesson for rocket league. If you have anything you specifically want to see in it or have a question you'd like answered, post here.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 16:33 

Answer the unanswered ones.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 17:38 

Is there a way I can create a custom view distance for the car? I want to see more of the field of play and above me, I don't care about seeing my car very clearly. It can be the size of an ant on my screen for all I care.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 17:46 

Quote:
Is there a way I can create a custom view distance for the car? I want to see more of the field of play and above me, I don't care about seeing my car very clearly. It can be the size of an ant on my screen for all I care.
Along with this, you should post some screenshots of different of the field of view settings and what each of the ones does.

What's the point of playing in camera mode?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 18:12 

In stock settings:

FOV and Camera distance maxed out:

(You see tons more shit)

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 20:54 

you should try to explain how the different types of hitting the ball and how they effect the ball differently. This might be too much or too hard to explain. What I mean is how you can boost into the ball to make it take just a single hop, or you can double jump into the ball and sending it flying low. Things like that. How the different hits would be useful in certain situations. I don't think some people realize when to use each type of hit. They just smash into the ball as hard as they can all the time.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 21:19 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
you should try to explain how the different types of hitting the ball and how they effect the ball differently. This might be too much or too hard to explain. What I mean is how you can boost into the ball to make it take just a single hop, or you can double jump into the ball and sending it flying low. Things like that. How the different hits would be useful in certain situations. I don't think some people realize when to use each type of hit. They just smash into the ball as hard as they can all the time.
*cough*goatmips*cough*

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015 21:42 

Quote:
*cough*goatmips*cough*
*cough* fuck you *cough*

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 02:47 

You could also talk about rotating positions, how when a goalie moves with their shot someone needs to fall back to fill that void, stuff like that.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015 06:41 

Quote:
You could also talk about rotating positions, how when a goalie moves with their shot someone needs to fall back to fill that void, stuff like that.
Talk a bit about the positions everybody needs to play. Are the two people who aren't playing goalie responsible for the same thing? Or do they have a different role each?

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015 17:54 

I might be wrong but I understand it as one person is clearing it from the corner for a set up shot. The other person sits back for the set up and gets the shot or prepares for the block. So if the other team blocks it you are around mid field to hopefully keep the ball in play. Everyone should just rotate positions based on what the ball is doing and what their team is doing. I have started playing more cautious and falling back to goal if I think the other team is gonna hit the ball before we do.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015 21:23 

Quote:
I might be wrong but I understand it as one person is clearing it from the corner for a set up shot. The other person sits back for the set up and gets the shot or prepares for the block. So if the other team blocks it you are around mid field to hopefully keep the ball in play. Everyone should just rotate positions based on what the ball is doing and what their team is doing. I have started playing more cautious and falling back to goal if I think the other team is gonna hit the ball before we do.
I'll also put it in the write up when I get around to it, but soccer has 4 MAIN positions. Goalie, defense, mid-field, forward. GOALIE: Just like in soccer, there should be no excuse for the goalie leaving the net. Not even to clear the ball. The goalie clears the ball from the box, or somebody else clears the ball. This is why we get so many goals scored on us. DEFENSE: The defenses job is to protect the goalie from having to even touch the ball. Defense NEVER goes beyond mid field. MID FIELDER: this is basically the support for the team. You stay within the 2nd and 3rd 1/4's of the field. You are the super star. You run almost all the way back and almost all the way forward. You should never be stagnant. Always be moving. FORWARD: You are the lead singer of the team. You're job is to take the ball and get shots in. If that means letting the mid fielder set you up, that's what you do.

The biggest problem that all of us have in rocket league, much like CSGO, is that people are greedy. Everybody wants their scorecard to say they have a goal, even if their position dictates that they do not go to the rivals net.