Absurd Minds
http://forums.absurdminds.net/

RocketLeague MMR Change
http://forums.absurdminds.net/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=3856
Page 1 of 1

Author:  GoatMips [ 02 Apr 2017 20:50 ]
Post subject:  RocketLeague MMR Change

Image

link

This makes me feel much better about my current standing. This means I am almost super-star in doubles (1 away from back to normal) and super champion in solo standard (4+ the old and currently a 1% rank).

They did some other adjustment also, like removing the 150 point "uncertainty" measurement. People still think the shift is skewed because Platinum II is filled with champions, previously only 2 ranks from highest but now 8 ranks away.

Author:  Amaroq [ 02 Apr 2017 21:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

Oh neat now I can have a brown icon instead of a silver one.

Author:  Traviesaurus [ 03 Apr 2017 00:27 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

I like the new MMR change. Albeit, I feel like I haven't reached my proper rank yet, I will get there. Currently Silver 3 in solo and Gold 1 in doubles. I should be in the top end of gold by the time I'm settled.

Author:  GoatMips [ 03 Apr 2017 08:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

Traviesaurus wrote:
I like the new MMR change. Albeit, I feel like I haven't reached my proper rank yet, I will get there. Currently Silver 3 in solo and Gold 1 in doubles. I should be in the top end of gold by the time I'm settled.


I got super lucky with my solo rank. I queued twice and was put into grand champion games. 3/5 of the players had the "season 3 grand champion" tag. I was also lucky enough to have a pro, sadjunior, on my team. Win streak lasted 7 games, lost 2, then won the last.

I will only queue solos for like... Once a month, just to maintain the rank

Author:  Amaroq [ 03 Apr 2017 19:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

Does this new mmr mean ranks are going to be kept for a while? I found it frustrating to get a rank and then have it reset for mmr readjustments.

Author:  GoatMips [ 03 Apr 2017 20:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

Amaroq wrote:
Does this new mmr mean ranks are going to be kept for a while? I found it frustrating to get a rank and then have it reset for mmr readjustments.


They didn't do a hard reset. They say that compared to last season, the rank reset was only minorly adjusted.

Author:  Amaroq [ 03 Apr 2017 20:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

GoatMips wrote:
Amaroq wrote:
Does this new mmr mean ranks are going to be kept for a while? I found it frustrating to get a rank and then have it reset for mmr readjustments.


They didn't do a hard reset. They say that compared to last season, the rank reset was only minorly adjusted.

Oh yeah that's what I mean, the season resets. So I guess those are there to stay since they're seasonal lol.

Author:  Traviesaurus [ 03 Apr 2017 21:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

The season was like 4 months though. And they give out seasonal items based on rank. I got some wicked rising star wheels.

Author:  GoatMips [ 04 Apr 2017 06:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

Traviesaurus wrote:
The season was like 4 months though. And they give out seasonal items based on rank. I got some wicked rising star wheels.


Season 3 was actually 9 months.

Author:  GoatMips [ 06 Apr 2017 14:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: RocketLeague MMR Change

They just did some rank adjustment yesterday. Lost two and then won one, got promoted 8 divisions.

I also went from gold I in ranked 3 to gold 3. My diamond solo standard is the same.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC-04:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/