Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 07:23

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: [TF2] NewbsTF2
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011 17:26 

This applies to any Newbs server, really, but particularly #12, since that's where all this shit went down.

Game: TF2
IP: Various

I will not play in a Newbs server anymore, and the sole reason is their admin.

Admin ban people who don't deserve it:
One time a map glitched, and everybody was taking advantage of the opportunity to get closer to the opposing team's spawn than one is usually allowed. By everybody, I mean the admin, the other players, and this kid who is severely disabled and basically spends his days playing in NewbsTF2. Even though everybody (even admin) was exploiting the map glitch, they arbitrarily decided to ban that disabled kid from the server for exploiting it.

One time some guy was being an asshole. Eventually, an admin banned him. Panda thanked the admin, so the admin banned Panda.

Admin don't ban people after admitting they should be banned:
Newbs#12 is cursed by the presence of two amazingly huge douche bags - Skyrolla, and Punk in Drublic. Both of these people are major assholes who ridicule their teammates, whine, cry, blame others for insignificant and uncontrollable circumstances, and complain about how "noobish" everybody in a newb server is. I talked to one admin about it, who basically said, "Yeah, they are huge assholes. Nobody in our clan likes them. We've talked about banning them before, but basically we keep them around as our signature assholes."

TL;DR - NewbsTF2 has some extremely arbitrary and completely unfair admin who ban people who don't deserve it and flat out admit they don't ban people who do deserve it. I don't play in servers like that.

Post subject: Re: NewbsTF2
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 08:18 

Signature assholes... lolz lolz lolz, I like that. But we do need those to keep us from getting bored... lolz lolz

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 10:51 

yeah the more I play in their servers the more I don't like em. Not just number 12 but the others as well. Only a handful of admin in that whole clan have a clue whats going on. After panda got banned I had a long talk with octo who is one of their top admin period. He admitted their clan has gotten out of control since they have too many servers and allowed to many people in to admin them. So basically its a bunch of indians with not enough chiefs and you can clearly see how that affected their judging.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011 14:46 

I will probably still play in these servers. Because I can own Skyrolla. I've done so more than once, and when he tries to flame me for it I lean back and say to myself 'Successful Troll is Successful.' Of course I do agree with you, all of you. Still, I know some people on there and would like to hang out with them every once in a while. So, don't mind me if I am in the Newbs server.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011 15:24 

Oh yeah, nobody is going to care if you still play there. I just don't on principle, but I"m not expecting everybody to as well.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012 03:54 

I'm new to this Clan thing, I thought it was more totalitarianism, Haha. Bad server, Clan does not go to it.

Ya know?

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012 12:30 

Nah, it's more a resource for people to post how they feel since it's sometimes hard to find servers. Anybody is free to post any server they want and explain why they're good or bad, and anybody is free to post a dissenting take on the server.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012 17:46 

yeah, we like to keep clan conformity on any clan issue we have. this isn't really a clan issue. me and anubis decided to compile a list of servers that we won't like and do like so our clan and anyone visiting will know and not waste their time in servers that will most likely just get them a ban. If there is every a situation that arises and we don't want members playing in a certain server, we will explicitly state that. We encourage people to play where they have fun, even if that isn't necessary where all their friends play. We are just using this as a resource to help build the community. we do things differently than most of the clans that have ever existed.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012 21:50 

Quote:
We do things differently than most of the clans that have ever existed.
That is probably one of the more awesome quotes that I have read.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 10:01 

Quote:
I'm new to this Clan thing, I thought it was more totalitarianism, Haha. Bad server, Clan does not go to it.

Ya know?
LOL, there were at least 5 of us on last night. I still like it even though I've been a victim myself of one of the bans.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 13:52 

01 Jan 2012 19:50

Yeah that post was weeks ago. Haha. I've been in there owning Skyrolla since.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 14:52 

It's been upgraded to "mostly" bad.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 20:35 

Oooo, an upgrade? Why's that?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 21:31 

Just because so many of us play on there anyway. I don't blame anybody for not wanting to play on there due to their past nonsense though.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 13:27 

Oh Ok I see what you're saying.