Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:11

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Rust server
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 15:57 

Since there is no server review section other than CS, I figured I should talk about this here. (Feel free to move it)

Majority of us in the clan own Rust. We have played on multiple servers. We tried one server called online war nation(http://www.onlinewarnation.enjin.com/). This server had active admins but they were not fair at all. The admins gave themselves items and other players items. Also, this server only had around 5 other players on it, not counting us. Serial, Azn, and myself raided someones home on the server and took everything. The next day, the admin gave the guy we raided free stuff. We no longer play on this server.

We moved on to another server called Rust Box. This server was filled with players. There had to be at least 30 players on all the time but the only bad thing was that there were no admins online and there were no airdrops. In order for a player to make C4 to raid a house, you need explosives that are only found in airdrops that an admin provides here and there. Everyone in the server killed others on sight. It was fun but you constantly had to watch your back. We ran into these people on the server that we made a pack with, one of which joins our mumble (Bradley). We started playing together after so many deaths from them killing us and had fun, until yesterday. We were on the server and two people wearing the best armor in the game killed Bradley and his people over and over again. These people were clearly cheating because they kept getting head-shots over and over and ran into Bradley house and took everything they owned (using No Clip). This server is now done with.

Yesterday, we all got together and found another server. I don't remember the name but here is the IP (net.connect 192.99.13.129:28065). This was a freshly new server. I spoke with the admin and asked her, if in time and with trust if she could possibly grant one or two of us admin on her server. I explained to her that we have at least 20 players who will be on this server that I will be bringing in. She told me that she will talk to the other admin and see what happens. She told me it was a possibility.

Now for those that don't like to start over in Rust. I know it is a hassle but the game is really fun to play. Me personally and I'm sure Serial, Asian, and Funny will agree, it is not all that bad. You have a lot of fun when you play with more than 4 people. So far, we have a 5 story house and a lot of metal and wood. We made a quick jump on the new server and the people are friendly. Once the server builds up more, because it only has about 15 people on it, it will be amazing to go raid people's houses without worrying about admins giving free stuff away. If anyone has friends that play Rust, please feel free to give them the IP so we can make the server more populated.

Again, the IP to the new server is (net.connect 192.99.13.129:28065). If anyone has questions, please ask.

(This is the longest post I have ever made. Also, can we have another section under reviews for game servers. We have one for CS under the CS section but we don't have one for other online games.)

Post subject: Re: Rust server
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 16:02 

Quote:
Now for those that don't like to start over in Rust. I know it is a hassle but the game is really fun to play. Me personally and I'm sure Serial, Asian, and Funny will agree, it is not all that bad. You have a lot of fun when you play with more than 4 people. So far, we have a 5 story house and a lot of metal and wood. We made a quick jump on the new server and the people are friendly. Once the server builds up more, because it only has about 15 people on it, it will be amazing to go raid people's houses without worrying about admins giving free stuff away. If anyone has friends that play Rust, please feel free to give them the IP so we can make the server more populated.
I'm curious, what makes you think this server will grow to have a lot more players? It seems like a lot of servers are either heavily populated or empty; how do you know this one will grow?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 17:12 

I moved it to the generic reviews section.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 17:31 

I haven't played on this server yet, but just the fact that admin are active is amazing. If there are 10-20 people NOW on the server, then it will grow. All people want is a community and admin that will keep hackers and grievers away. Starting over is really nothing at all, in fact anything you had, we can easily get you all that back in one day. The problem is we actually need everyone to play. People will see us a power team and will WANT to be on our team.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 19:12 

I know it's probably just me, but I get really mad when I have to redo something I've already spent time on. I'm terrible with it, it's something in life I dread. Unfortunately it translates into video games as well. I really don't want to put a lot of time into a character if everything I work for gets reset. I understand shit happens, but I think I'd prefer to wait a couple weeks to see if you all stick around the server before dedicating a lot time to playing Rust.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 19:28 

Not just you Ace.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 20:36 

But the game is in alpha, and your enjoyment in the game is going to be highly, highly dependent on the quality of the servers. I think if it's something that bothers you you may just want to wait until the game is fully released and all the servers are well defined, because staring over either because of a reset or because you're trying to find a good server is just going to be impossible to avoid.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 21:03 

Quote:
I know it's probably just me, but I get really mad when I have to redo something I've already spent time on. I'm terrible with it, it's something in life I dread. Unfortunately it translates into video games as well. I really don't want to put a lot of time into a character if everything I work for gets reset. I understand shit happens, but I think I'd prefer to wait a couple weeks to see if you all stick around the server before dedicating a lot time to playing Rust.

That's fine Ace. If you want to wait, then wait. I feel, like Serial said, since there is 20 people on it now, it will grow. The server was previously owned by other admins that abused and new people took over and made it better. So this server has potential from the older people who played on it.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 23:14 

Once I can start playing again Ill def join you guys. A lot of the servers I used to play on were pretty bad(everyone who ran it was friends, admins who didn't care about subtle cheaters - they would just spawn some stuff to get way ahead and build crazy like we did, and just overall bad management). Server resets are annoying and I think that happened to our base in the mountain the last time I played.

Tbh most servers on here are growing due to the game growing more popular. There are MANY poorly ran servers so people will flock to the ones that are ran well. There is no saying that people will flock to this particular server, just because its ran well, as many times people choose servers for other reasons.

Just out of curiosity what was going on with that other server we were playing on? Just wondering what happened with them.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 10:04 

Yeah, I understand not wanting to start over. We will play this for a bit if you want and let you know if it really is good.