Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:11

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 07 May 2010 11:41 

Lobby of Laughter was a 1.6 server that I originally enjoyed. There was no bickering really or screaming into the mic from little kids. There really wasn't anyone that was being an asshole. That was until one day. I had been told one more than one occasion while playing there that I needed to tone down my gameplay. They told me to use weaker weapons and stop playing as hard. So I resort to the mp5 and pistol only. I am still getting a lot of kills. Three different times the server nearly empties, mind you this is over the course of an hour and half so it was usual server traffic.

After it is all said and done one of the LOL admin tells me its ALL my fault that everyone keeps leaving, and I quote "because you are playing too good" and its making everyone want to leave. I explained that I had only been using mp5 and pistol but this didn't matter. I guess I was supposed to play with flashbangs and a knife only, of course if I would have received 10 kills I am sure they would have told me I was STILL playing too good. So after hearing the admin cry and complain I told him that he was being a douchebag and should just leave me alone. I was communicating well with my teammates and playing a fair and friendly game. How is it my fault that my reaction time was faster than theirs.

After I called him a douchebag he flipped out and banned me. I joined their forums to let the rest of their clan know how ridiculous it was to get banned for just playing too good. Apparently everyone in their clan agreed with the admin that banned me. So therefor I tell you DO NOT EVER EVER EVER go to their servers or support their bullshit. This server is not for people that want to actually win. If you want to shoot someone or die early and spend 3 minutes waiting to play again then by all means go to lobby of laughter. If you want to win I suggest avoiding their bullshit clan and server.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010 11:50 

IP: 8.9.37.202:27015

I personally really like Lobby of Laughter. It's one of my favourite 1.6 servers.

They have $800 start money, so you can learn to conserve money and get good with the cheaper weapons.

They have a really good map rotation, so you don't end up playing dust2 constantly.

They try to keep the gameplay really even, so one team isn't completely slaughtering the other team and everybody actually has a good chance to play.

They can be kind of annoying sometimes, though. Their server has THE MOST ANNOYING music on it. Every time you play you WILL see three or four people complaining about it and asking how to turn it off. They also really hate "tryhards", aka people who actually like to play the game for what it is. So it's not the most competitive server, if that's what you're looking for, but I think it's a fun one nonetheless.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010 12:03 

yeah its garbage if you want to do ANYTHING other than completely relax. you might as well go play bots on czero. I have never in my life been so offended or pissed off at any one clan or server. I hope their clan gets shut down for being such retards. I also hate EVERYONE that hates tryhards. So I guess that is where I am coming from. I forgot about their really annoying, really loud, really random music. When you complain they tell you its YOUR fault for having your mp3 volume up. No, its YOUR fault for being such and asshole in your server(directed towards LOL).

PostPosted: 07 May 2010 22:31 

i hate tryhards....its like god....just stop playing so good and be a noob

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 07:29 

Yesterday I was in there. Admittedly, this guy in there was being a bit of a douche, but the way LOL responded was just uncalled for. They slowhacked the guy's config so that his mouse button was bound to "kill", so any time he went to shoot or switch weapons he died. He kept asking what was wrong and why he kept dying, and the entire server just made fun of him. I understand if somebody is in there being a dick sometimes it's fun to troll them back, but slowhacking a person's config is completely uncalled for, and then making fun of them for not suspecting they would go that far is just too much.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 09:56 

yeah what a bunch of bitches. avoid!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 17:13 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Open the Task Manager and end HL.exe and it won't save the config that they changed with amx. You have to be careful when you play in new servers as well because some of them have it so that if you press a button it connects you to their server which is really confusing when you're new. That happened to me a few times back in 2007 lol

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 18:22 

I just change all my configs to read only.