Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:27

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 21:31 

If I want to get 2 shots off with the AWP in the shortest time possible, what is the tecnique to use? Is it quickest to just let the awp reload on its own and zoom again on its own? Quickest to switch to pistol and back to awp? Quickest to double zoom, then single zoom again?

I know back in the day when I played there was a popular technique (I believe made popular by the pro K-Sharp), where you used your scroll wheel on your mouse to switch to pistol and instantly back to the awp and it would reset the fastest that way. But I'm not sure in CSGO what the game dynamics dictate for the fastest way to ready your awp to fire again.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 22:13 

Same technique, shoot then switch pistol, then switch back

I actually scroll up when i shoot, bringing me to my nades, and then I switch back

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014 23:21 

I get in the habit of over scrolling so unless I'm in a do or die situation I will let the awp reset it's self

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 07:43 

Quote:
If I want to get 2 shots off with the AWP in the shortest time possible, what is the tecnique to use? Is it quickest to just let the awp reload on its own and zoom again on its own?
Yes, it is quickest to just let the awp cycle on its own. I don't believe quick switching has been faster since 1.6, but I might be wrong on that.

However, most people switch to knife after an awp shot so when duck back into cover, they're running faster. If you don't need to duck back behind cover after the shot, it's best to just let the awp cycle on its own.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 08:42 

I would say to quick switch anyway to restore your crosshair for repositioning, then when your scope comes back up you are closer to your target.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 15:53 

yeah its definitely not faster to switch anymore unless you are just trying to do what jero says. I think switching actually added like a half a second delay so you are hindering yourself.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014 00:34 

Good to know, thanks guys!

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014 15:59 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Yes, it is quickest to just let the awp cycle on its own. I don't believe quick switching has been faster since 1.6, but I might be wrong on that.
I believe that to be true. Quick switching has it's own vices, even in 1.6 though. I frequently die because I quick switched too fast and it doesn't register it as a shot.