Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 04:40

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010 21:19 

I've had a couple people ask me how to get that picture by my name (my avatar), so here's a guide how to do it.

First off, the maximum avatar size is 90x90 pixels, or 19.67 Kb.

So, pick a picture you want to be your avatar. It could be something off your computer, or just find something using google image search. I did a google image search for "Anubis" until I found this avatar that I like.

Go to imgur.com and upload your file. Either upload the file from your computer, or choose ImageURL and paste the URL of the image into the bar. Click the box that says "Edit image" and click "continue".

This will bring you to a page that will allow you to resize your image. Make sure that the biggest dimension is no more than 90 pixels, and also check the size of the image. If it's more than 19.67Kb, you can change the quality of the image, which will make it smaller.

After you've editted it, it will give you a bunch of URLs for your image. You want the "Direct Link" URL.

Go to your User Control Panel, click on Profile, and then Edit Avatar. Paste your image's "Direct Link URL" into the Upload from URL box, and then click Submit.

EDIT: For some reason, me and serialp0rt both have been having trouble getting the imgur link to work, so you might have to right click the image and save it to your computer, and then upload the image for your avatar.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010 01:30 

I hate it that pics of me are to BIG to be an avatarrrrraaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr]